Quantcast

|[●▪▪●]|¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫. Mixtape Mëttwoch GMT. ♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸|[●▪▪●]|

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Will Close and record on the AZ property sometime today, will probably put in the permit for the water since that will take the longest, and may be able to build this winter down there.

going to upgrade my solar and lithium in the RV to handle a mini split AC

oh yeah, and I did a thing yesterday, it's going to get expensive this year

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
oldest nephew has eagle scout interview tonight.

his younger brother will get there in about a year...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I hit the high school track early this morning for a 7.6 mile run that went very well. Not as much smoke in the air this morning, so I pushed my swim off to tomorrow in order to do the run. The smoke is supposed to get worse again later today.

Doggo ate all of her breakfast in one shot this morning, which is unusual. Must have been because it's a new bag of fresh food. So she ate her kibble, some dried turkey pellets, and a large cookie before I sent her off to daycare. I love when she goes there with a full belly. There are mornings before daycare that she doesn't eat at all.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
@slyfink looks to be in the direct path off all the crap in the air today :panic:

It's kinda funny, but not really, looking at the weather forecast from Weather Canada. It just says smoke.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

WFH today because I am taking the wife's car to get a windshield chip fixed. USAA uses Safelite, but they don't come out here. To take it in was 3+ weeks out. WTF? Called a local shop, they can get it in today and they are a preferred provider, so no fuss. Just have to take it, but it's only 5 minutes down the road.

I have 2.5 hours left of my Python course, so that should be done today or tomorrow. Then it's on to Pytest where stuff gets good (and is actually what I'll be working on). Yay.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Ugh. Air quality is suboptimal for riding today. My allergies are bad enough on a normal day already. Supposed to clear more overnight. Yard/garden/garage putting about today, ride tomorrow.
16861459740161293226073437765286.jpg

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
@slyfink looks to be in the direct path off all the crap in the air today :panic:

It's kinda funny, but not really, looking at the weather forecast from Weather Canada. It just says smoke.
Indeed. The radio was saying that Ottawa had the worst air quality in the country yesterday, and it's worse today. Air quality index is at 10+, and they were saying yesterday that it's actually above 14, which is off the charts:
1686146503393.png

rode in to the office anyways, since when I left home there hadn't been a "don't come in to work" notice, only to see the notice was sent while I was commuting:
1686146563956.png

makes for great photos though :rolleyes:
1686146600012.png

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Back to work. Hannah's first tooth came out Monday night and she by chance had a dentist appt today, so she's looking forward to showing off her tooth hole.

We're getting free phones from Google Fi with the return of our old phones (first time I've done this in over 10yrs) and I fucked up by sending the phones in the wrong boxes. Two were figured out but the third was rejected - we can tell who makes the extra clicks at work... So on the phone with Google right now.

Had a chance to talk with one of the parents last night whose son is 1yr older than Haley. Mom and I were talking about some financial stuff when son and Haley came up. Haley's social understanding has gotten good, because when we gave them the "go watch the races" he wasn't getting it. But when I gave her $10 and said 'go get candy', she just grabbed him and said 'heck yeah!' in a 'got it' tone and walked. I was able to lever the fuck out of CFP knowledge and go through everything that she should be doing with their advisor/CFP, who apparently hadn't done much of that. So she'll be out shopping for someone (not my position to do solo like that). So glad that all this time is already helping people.

Roasted chicken is transmuting into chicken soup.
How you feeling?

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
hi peoples

I think the hot tub I ordered for the mountain house will end up at the Denver house because still don't have a permit, price on the deck reinforcement project, let alone a completion timeline. but having a hot tub here would be nice. :)

otherwise I must report that I drove to work as 3-7 pm is supposed to be spicy weather

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I think the hot tub I ordered for the mountain house will end up at the Denver house because still don't have a permit, price on the deck reinforcement project, let alone a completion timeline. but having a hot tub here would be nice. :)
do it, you won't regret it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I need a concrete pad realistically, no? and probably enough concrete to put the stairs, too? This should be easy to get done in Denver, at least.
concrete pad yes, stairs no. you can get plastic steps and put them on pavers if you don't feel like paying for extra concrete.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Another cold, wet day, FTS.

concrete pad yes, stairs no. you can get plastic steps and put them on pavers if you don't feel like paying for extra concrete.
Talk to the concrete guys first, hot tub pads are fairly small and that extra concrete for the stair pad may not actually be "extra" just leftover from the truck.

Tried talking the wife into a hot tub, lost the battle and ended up with an above ground pool, it's cold as ballz, and getting colder due to our weird ass weather. Do not recommend.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
hi peoples

otherwise I must report that I drove to work as 3-7 pm is supposed to be spicy weather
You have a large enough yard in Denver for a hot tub?