Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
the link in your signature does not work for me. if you fix it we can donates
try this one

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Man, I wish that making sense of solar panels didn't require a finance degree and years of research. Would love to get them on the roof, but having to create several spreadsheets just to figure out if it's a solid investment isn't worth it for me.

Tax-wise, my wife added some extra withholding so we no longer owe 5k ourselves. She is smrt.
:stupid:

Especially annoying given that building code and governmental regulations are pushing consumers towards electrical appliances and upgrades. In theory I want solar panels, in practice its a lot of effort spent for something that'll take years to justify the initial investment. You know, if I'm even alive then.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Lovely day isn't it?

Got a ride done. Crust season is upon us.

Taxes!!! Seems both gummints think we are a poor family in needs. So they are sending us almost $10k for no particular reason. Ahhh, love Commie Canukistan.

:D

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Apparently going for a fat bike ride tonight with the dudes. I'm predicting ice.

Lovely day isn't it?

Got a ride done. Crust season is upon us.

Taxes!!! Seems both gummints think we are a poor family in needs. So they are sending us almost $10k for no particular reason. Ahhh, love Commie Canukistan.

:D
You sun of a :D

Can't even do my taxes yet, my work takes forever to release the T4's. :disgust:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Teh Spousal Unit™s new to her bike is being delivered today. Small frame, big wheels. She’s excited. I already pinged @stoney about her current bike (a medium) being for sale.

Also, it appears that I do not have COVID. Just some sort of random cough and hacking up lung butter.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Teh Spousal Unit™s new to her bike is being delivered today. Small frame, big wheels. She’s excited. I already pinged @stoney about her current bike (a medium) being for sale.

Also, it appears that I do not have COVID. Just some sort of random cough and hacking up lung butter.
Probably from face loads of tree sperm

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Yes, indeed, another day has graced us with it's presence.

I need to find some money for solar, I think there's 30% incentive from the IR Act based on the link @Changleen posted a couple of days ago...
Financing is available.

My solar payment is $216 for like a million bajillion gigawatts of solar plus a battery, the lowest my electric bill has ever been is about $175, over the summer it's $550 minimum, so I save a bunch of money and side-step our constant blackouts.

I also live in a really sunny area, I'm making 60kw/day, but on an overcast day that drops to like 20kw. Turns out solar works better with ample sun.

Mass requires a license for certain types of machinery. California does not appear to

Ca does not give one single fuck who rents a D11 dozer, it's awesome.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Probably from face loads of tree sperm
Eh, these aren't my normal spring allergy symptoms. Plus, nothing is even budding around here yet... and it's even still full-on winter about 20 minutes up the road. We've got dry dirt, but it's still been pretty cold in town.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Yes, indeed, another day has graced us with it's presence.

Financing is available.

My solar payment is $216 for like a million bajillion gigawatts of solar plus a battery, the lowest my electric bill has ever been is about $175, over the summer it's $550 minimum, so I save a bunch of money and side-step our constant blackouts.

I also live in a really sunny area, I'm making 60kw/day, but on an overcast day that drops to like 20kw. Turns out solar works better with ample sun.

Ca does not give one single fuck who rents a D11 dozer, it's awesome.
I think it's about $40 on leccy and $70 on gas for us normally. No AC to power and gas usage drops a lot in the summer.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Sounds like someone ought to be looking for a jerb!
United announced earlier this morning they are taking over the ramp and customer service operations here. Great for the people currently working those jobs if United actually hires them. Potentially bad news for me as I'll probably lose my office space, and potentially further bad news for my employment here as I doubt United intends to be doing ground ops here without replacing a lot of our flying with mainline aircraft. Anxiety upgrade achievement unlocked! :twitch:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Whad'ja get?
Nordstrand Acinonyx v2. I have a v1 and love it. I decided I wanted to try it with the new pickup configuration. Plus, I was able to order a murdered out option with black finish, pick guard, and pickup covers.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
What century do you live in? Just my damn "connection fee" for electric is half your bill.

Yeah, may not be worth it financially.
Exactly. I’m in the $200-$300 range depending on the month. Garbage collection is in that number. I did hit $300+ just on gas recently but it was an unusual month and I got a credit the following month, taking things backdown to “normal.”

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
United announced earlier this morning they are taking over the ramp and customer service operations here. Great for the people currently working those jobs if United actually hires them. Potentially bad news for me as I'll probably lose my office space, and potentially further bad news for my employment here as I doubt United intends to be doing ground ops here without replacing a lot of our flying with mainline aircraft. Anxiety upgrade achievement unlocked! :twitch:
you could always move into management :brows:

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Exactly. I’m in the $200-$300 range depending on the month. Garbage collection is in that number. I did hit $300+ just on gas recently but it was an unusual month and I got a credit the following month, taking things backdown to “normal.”
Holy fuck, I’m maybe $300/month in the fall when I’m running 200hp of electric motors. Most of time electric sub $50/month.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Nordstrand Acinonyx v2. I have a v1 and love it. I decided I wanted to try it with the new pickup configuration. Plus, I was able to order a murdered out option with black finish, pick guard, and pickup covers.

Nice - I didn't realize Nordstrand made short-scales. I have a Nordstrand-equipped Valenti that I had built back in 2006 or so; really nice pickups.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Nice - I didn't realize Nordstrand made short-scales. I have a Nordstrand-equipped Valenti that I had built back in 2006 or so; really nice pickups.
They started producing these a few years ago but not in large quantities. They are modeled after an old obscure bass called the Goya Panther which Juan Alderete liked.

They know how to make a pickup. I’m sure that Valenti sounds great.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
And the ground is white again. Sigh.

Just had to turn the lights on in here, them are some dark clouds out there.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Humble brag ? JimmyDean has a Python in his pocket.
No, but I'm knee deep in pytest. I'm the first actual QA guy here and the company started around 2000. So they have built a ton of automated tests, but no documented test cases or documentation on what's being tested and how without reading the code. I've only run and played with basic python scripting, this is an entire test framework built in it. So my boss gave me some light reading. :rofl:

I'm signed up for a 2 week boot camp that I hope will be enough. I might use the reference guide, but I haven't sat and read a programming book in a while. That's a very old school way to go about it.