Quantcast

■●■□♤Thursday gmt°○○▪︎▪︎

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
rain in the desert, a little apprehensive about going anywhere off-piste since there isn't a single bridge in the basin
Y u no winchy winchy? Go out and frolic with little to no concern for your long term well being.

I killed my xt 11speed drivetrain yesterday doing trail work. I knew better than to bring a geared bike into singlespeed territory. I think the bike knew there's a 12 speed drivetrain on the shelf waiting for an occasion like this.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
True story, place sucks, 2/10 wouldn’t recommend.
Debating a 4 pack so maybe I’ll get out there this year.
Loveland isn't super close for me these days, but I do get some days there on my Monarch Pass. So give a holler if you do head out this way and I'll try and come up for a rip. I skied there a bunch of years and have some fun little spots here and there. And if we can get a day with the Mayor playing tour guide, many funs could be had.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You know, I never followed up on this. I have a couple rides on my new bike, and I'm pretty damn certain @stoney never did ride his even once, though he did consider my challenge prior to deciding to just sell the dang thing. Anycrap, new bike! It’s taking a bit to get it dialed, but this thing rips. Seems to have 95% of the descending capabilities of my old bike but is a touch lighter, climbs better, more agile, and is generally “less” bike in all the ways I was hoping it to be.

View attachment 184150
I will note, that by taking the coil from the Yeti and putting it into the Nukeproof, it feels MUCH better.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
The Harbor Freight fold up trailer is awesome. I haven't used mine in a while but it was perfect to fit the big and little quad. Folded up it fits against the wall nicely. I got the one with bigger wheels.

I'm aware. Which is why I have all the tow stuff ready to be installed on the All-road. More trying to focus on kart right now.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
WFH while they install my new fake grass, prepping paperwork for my call with Sunrun later today. About to go full Karen on these non-communicating, contract violating, permit fucking up, pieces of shit, luckily I save every single scrap of paperwork so I can walk them through every minor fuck-up, that'll be fun.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
WFH while they install my new fake grass, prepping paperwork for my call with Sunrun later today. About to go full Karen on these non-communicating, contract violating, permit fucking up, pieces of shit, luckily I save every single scrap of paperwork so I can walk them through every minor fuck-up, that'll be fun.

download.jpeg

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Y u no winchy winchy? Go out and frolic with little to no concern for your long term well being.
Perhaps you have never tried to anchor your winchy winchy in nothing but sandy sandy all around whilst being swept away in a turbulent bottomless water crossing after desert saturation?

Well, sir, I say to you, I shall refrain from such preposterous predicaments

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
If only they made a vehicle with some sort of cargo space behind the cabin. Sure would be handy.
Yes... Which is why most of Europe, where karting is largely dominated from, people use sprinters and trailers. I will hold off as long as possible to spread most cost over a few months.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Perhaps you have never tried to anchor your winchy winchy in nothing but sandy sandy all around whilst being swept away in a turbulent bottomless water crossing after desert saturation?

I know you know how to rig up a dead man's anchor, but I applaud your decision not to. Getting un-stuck, especially alone, is misery.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan

Bro i know you carry some of those fancy traction mats strapped to the side of your rig. I just don't see the concern being warranted here.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
as for me, I'm solo parenting from now till Sunday night. it's glorious and sunny. work isn't overly busy. going to try to get out for a ride at lunch. especially since i might be home "schooling" the kids tomorrow since the government refuses to bargain in good faith the school staff...
freakin beauty day to go for a lunch ride
1667502366890.png

I'm not usually a fan of blowing leaves off the trails, but today was something else. the dirt was so tacky, I could rail flat turns like there was a berm! Though that could also have something to do with the new Schwalbe rubber. I'm liking the grip at all lean angles of the MM.... while still maintaining the ability to weight and carve aggressively. even got a bit of oversteer in a few instances. lotsa fun.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
the amount of people in my area with vehicles setup for off-roading is mind boggling when you consider the closest off-roading that isn't just an unpaved road is 2 hours away.....

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
the amount of people in my area with vehicles setup for off-roading is mind boggling when you consider the closest off-roading that isn't just an unpaved road is 2 hours away.....
Same. Whole buncha lifted Jeeps with angry eyes and nary a single dirt road to stretch their Rubicon Express lift kits on. I'd love quiz the lot of em and see how many know how to get their TC into 4 low. :rofl:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
The one that gets me all the time is when peeps see the snorkel and say things like,

"wow, I bet you can go through some pretty deep water with that eh?"

Then I proceed to tell them they arent designed for water but for clean air intake above the dust and they look at me funny.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Same. Whole buncha lifted Jeeps with angry eyes and nary a single dirt road to stretch their Rubicon Express lift kits on. I'd love quiz the lot of em and see how many know how to get their TC into 4 low. :rofl:
I just showed up to a local club run and filed in as if I was a part of the group, listening on the radio and not saying a word.

We were just getting off the gravel onto some "trails" and I suggested to the trail leader whom should lead and whom should be mid pack and he asked me why, I told him that the "built wrangler" up front was a wreck waiting to happen since it was a 6" rough country spacer lift with no winch. He looked at me kinda funny as I decided to part ways, apparently the jeep is still up there and the Facebook group is trying to figure out how to get it down.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Yep, bunch of Sprinter vans like that around here. Lift kit, snorkel, fancy wheels and tires, 2wd......

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
that's still more tread than what i usually see. it's shit like this:

View attachment 184173

last week i saw one that was lowered as far as it could go.
You just know the dude driving that wears a flat brim hat (sticker still on the brim), guzzles Monster energy drinks, and catches all the MMA pay per views while downing a well done burger at the local Buffalo Wild Wings.