Quantcast

╔═╗ stab to day gmt ╔═╗

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Plant pick-up and planting today. Out late at a b'day party for Wifey's friend from work. Met a drag queen whom made me look small. Was quite impressed.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
829A0CB4-30D4-4B04-A46B-DB6625BF3B70.jpeg
602A5F3B-6179-4CFF-8497-2127A38A9A53.jpeg
80E6C50A-D286-47DC-8404-79ED156ECA96.jpeg

Washing le minivan. Then to mount up the Thule and ride Lair o’ the Bear with my 9 year old.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Well, I shit myself tonight.
I wasn't going to make it home so I figured I'd do a late night workplace poop.
Had the key ready to go in to lock, dropped the keys and my sphincter just gave up a little bit to express its disappointment, fuck.
To make it worse I missed seeing the car hit 200000km, I got back in the car and it said 200001, double fuck.

So, a KFC snack before dinner and 20 courses is too much food.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Job offer received. A raise, but not enough to make up for mediocre benefits, a still undefined work/life balance, and abysmal 401k match. Have not declined yet, but that's in the works. Espresso first.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Massive amounts of coffee are being consumed in preparation of incoming crazy parents from Texas. Then starting to move furniture in preparation for carpet this Wednesday. Lots of preparation today.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I fucked up big time and let my CZ passport expire three days ago. It will take up to four months to get a new one via the embassy and there's no fast track option. This will have a very detrimental effect on my current job, and I'll likely lose the one I have just been offered. Le fuq, thanks covid brain. :dead:

Also, flying sucks more than before.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My eye was crusted over. I got poison Ivy again. Its everywhere and pretty much unavoidable. I may have to stay out of the woods for a while.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
In your eye ? Yikes ! I'm just now getting over a bad case myself. Was having to wash my legs and apply Benadryl twice a day.

Stay on trail kids.
No, I got poked in the eye by a sharp stick. Then I fell into the poison ivy or some shit. I am pretty certain the trail criminals who put the sharp stick at eye level. Also planted the poison ivy where a victim of the sharp sticking would likely fall. These are details I should have omitted at the Urgent care place when they asked me what happened. Do they make Benadryl suppositories?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon. Field Hockey yesterday was followed but a brisk mtb ride with the doggo & sqEarl and then we hit the Van Gogh Immersion Experience (pretty cool) with the youngest. Today I have split and stacked about 2 face cord of wood for next year and am hoping to do a sunset hike to the top of the fire tower trail behind the house. Good times!

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
No, I got poked in the eye by a sharp stick. Then I fell into the poison ivy or some shit. I am pretty certain the trail criminals who put the sharp stick at eye level. Also planted the poison ivy where a victim of the sharp sticking would likely fall. These are details I should have omitted at the Urgent care place when they asked me what happened. Do they make Benadryl suppositories?
Sounds more like a spiteful Unicorn, especially given your history with horses.

Sorry, but it says for external use only on the Benadryl package.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Tried to build a few wheels this morning,...didn't.

Trying to bring a bathtub in the basement, it is not cooperating.

Rammstein tonight.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I fucked up big time and let my CZ passport expire three days ago. It will take up to four months to get a new one via the embassy and there's no fast track option. This will have a very detrimental effect on my current job, and I'll likely lose the one I have just been offered. Le fuq, thanks covid brain. :dead:
Is there no possibility they can get you a preliminary passport? Fairly commonly done in Germany because folks always forget to extend their passports before summer vacations. Same type of passport as if you would have lost yours. It costs extra money though.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Rode bikes, hoping to get to the lake for a swim shortly.

Also got pulled over by the cops last night, pretty much right infront of my house. They followed me from the beer store and made me do a roadside breathalyzer test. Blew zero. That was interesting.

I get why they are doing it, but just seems kind of shady to follow people coming out of a beer store, with no other reason to pull you over (she straight up told me that's what they were doing).

As for my lumbar puncture, what an ordeal this will be. The neuro ophthalmologist called the hospital nearby and paged the on-call neurologist and asked how to get me scheduled for one. They said no can do, even if it's urgent, you have to wait (months). So good doc wrote me a letter and told me to pick an ER and go there to get one. So just need to pick a day and go; I'm guessing I'll be waiting all day....

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Couple of hours easy DH. Now there are multiple sports to watch or a doorframe to paint...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Planting and mulch down in front garden. Started at 7am and just finished. It was 90* at peak today and I was in the sun for most of the day. Fuck. That. Shit.

Also managed to roll my ankle pretty badly and fall. Sitting on my knees and walking on a sloped lawn all day made of a bad combo.

Tomorrow I need to rip out three stumps in the morning before it gets hot. Going to use the pop-up, since there is no shade in the backyard. And try to get that garden put in. We will be going karting in the morning though, because I need to play on the weekend at least a little.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Rode. Got Mariko a Mariko-sized Leatt. Changed tube on commuter e-bike (turned out to be non-trivial!).

CC6BBCE4-A6CA-4DB0-AE34-4B9BDDFCC6DA.jpeg
BB5D3F64-E00F-492F-91E8-6A7F6A84570B.jpeg
ED47CD73-3134-4E71-A7B8-7B7E91BF7338.jpeg
BDB3186C-5E7E-4C7E-9FBC-11711E4D898F.jpeg

:wave:

Job offer received. A raise, but not enough to make up for mediocre benefits, a still undefined work/life balance, and abysmal 401k match. Have not declined yet, but that's in the works. Espresso first.
Tell them straight up what’d you’d need.

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
My dual-sport day turned into a mono-sport day 'cause I'm old, fat, and slow.

MtbProject said 2600 ft of climbing - my Garmin read exactly 5000 ft when I got back to the van. :think: :dead:

Waiting for tacos right now at the Leadville taco truck.

@stoney - it's 53F in Leadville right now. :D

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
My dual-sport day turned into a mono-sport day 'cause I'm old, fat, and slow.

MtbProject said 2600 ft of climbing - my Garmin read exactly 5000 ft when I got back to the van. :think: :dead:

Waiting for tacos right now at the Leadville taco truck.

@stoney - it's 53F in Leadville right now. :D
What didja "ride"?