Quantcast

∫∫∫∫∫∫ Tuesday GTM ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
On top, Americans are also extremely judgemental.
I see it every day here in MA. Whenever I'm introduced to someone new, I'm immediately tested for political affiliation. Always.
so you're cool with racism?

edit: i will add, i find it extremely odd that you're "immediately tested" for affiliation. i've never experienced this, maybe its just a boston thing. but i've never been asked in an introduction what my political affiliation is. or even long after.

Last edited:

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
On top, Americans are also extremely judgemental.
I see it every day here in MA. Whenever I'm introduced to someone new, I'm immediately tested for political affiliation. Always.
I mean, if a dude has a really bad ass mustache. I do judge, or if they have a shitty neck beard that they should give up on and shave, also judge.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
funniest conversation about race on tv....morgan freeman/mike wallace...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
don't talk about it then....

wasted energy.....
You do realize it takes both parties to uphold this agreement, right? I'm fine not talking politics, but hearing the same old tropes about libtards gets tiring after a while.

And no, I don't pick my friends based on politics/party, but I'll certainly disassociate myself from someone based on their brand of politics. I don't need racist, hateful rheoteric in my life.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
No, I'm not.

You said, "some people i used to be friends with become pretty blatantly racist" and my comment was intended to say that it is *very* unlikely they "became" racist. They almost certainly already were racist...
ah. context there is that they may have been that way all along, but just became open about it. hence the "blatantly". we just have no way to tell.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
You do realize it takes both parties to uphold this agreement, right? I'm fine not talking politics, but hearing the same old tropes about libtards gets tiring after a while.

And no, I don't pick my friends based on politics/party, but I'll certainly disassociate myself from someone based on their brand of politics. I don't need racist, hateful rheoteric in my life.
it is as easy as telling him....hey i have no problem hanging out....i dont talk politics...even with people i agree with...

it its a problem...nice knowing you...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
ah. context there is that they may have been that way all along, but just became open about it. hence the "blatantly". we just have no way to tell.
My point is that is almost a *CERTAINTY* that they were that way all along. I find that this happens as people get older... not sure if their filters begin to break down or if they just feel more comfortable saying whatever racist shit they want, but it gets worse.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
My point is that is almost a *CERTAINTY* that they were that way all along. I find that this happens as people get older... not sure if their filters begin to break down or if they just feel more comfortable saying whatever racist shit they want, but it gets worse.
i'm talking specifically about some people my age that i went to HS with - we are younger than you.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Yes - but you're all getting older. People *I* went to HS with... same deal. And I'm fairly certain their racism is nothing new... just something that they feel comfortable verbalizing now.
Broadly speaking:

Because they aren't confronted. White moderate bullshit, to paraphrase MLK. Don't allow normalization of shitty opinions/beliefs. Very rarely are these people arguing in good faith any way, let them get chased back into their holes. Fuck them, they need to be called out and you don't need these people in your lives and they need to know why.

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Moved the coach into a monthly spot rather than weekly, just too much to explore around here and less than half the price

Found this yesterday around 10k feet on the ridgeline, any guesses what it is? I had to ask some locals to figure it out myself

View attachment 183764
A shelter for pygmy goats ?

Poorly made solar panels for a home made of cow poop and old tires ?

A high altitude BBQ joint that just never caught on ?

gonefirefightin

free wieners
A shelter for pygmy goats ?

Poorly made solar panels for a home made of cow poop and old tires ?

A high altitude BBQ joint that just never caught on ?
Sheep shelter was my first thought as well, but no sign of anything of that sort underneath, appeared to never be anything mounted to the top other than the tin roofing.

Come to find out the locals refer to them as a "Trickler" or trickler tank, the same concept in the west as a guzzler with a tank near a spring, they will build these to catch rainwater with gutters and plumbing and direct the rainwater to a tank downhill.

Learn something new everyday, guess I can go back to bed now

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Sheep shelter was my first thought as well, but no sign of anything of that sort underneath, appeared to never be anything mounted to the top other than the tin roofing.

Come to find out the locals refer to them as a "Trickler" or trickler tank, the same concept in the west as a guzzler with a tank near a spring, they will build these to catch rainwater with gutters and plumbing and direct the rainwater to a tank downhill.

Might need to clean mah readers. Thought that said “tickler tank”. Definitely not something I would want to end up in way out in the desert alone. But to each their own I suppose.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Howdy. Today is what I call moving day. We almost exclusively boondock which usually means moving camp every 14 days. Slowly heading south.

Carry on

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle

There's a bunch of those in the hills around here. We get foggy/dewy mornings, but not enough to actually water anything so the park serve uses these things to collect water from a larger square footage to get saplings to grow where they otherwise wouldn't get enough water. Once they're bigger and more drought tolerant they transplant and fire up a new sapling. Cool system that doesn't require a Ranger driving around with a water jug every day.

Confused me too when I first saw them, weird structures placed in ever weirder spots.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
There's a bunch of those in the hills around here. We get foggy/dewy mornings, but not enough to actually water anything so the park serve uses these things to collect water from a larger square footage to get saplings to grow where they otherwise wouldn't get enough water. Once they're bigger and more drought tolerant they transplant and fire up a new sapling. Cool system that doesn't require a Ranger driving around with a water jug every day.

Confused me too when I first saw them, weird structures placed in ever weirder spots.
Apparently around here the feds just get money to build new one instead of fixing the old ones and just leave them to rot.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
It's more work to research and find places but I can't stand rv parks or really even campgrounds.
I hear ya, been boondocking a lot in the jeep over the years, and with the moto and jeep I can find the spots but I am just too big of a footprint right now and mobility is getting more desirable as I realize the places I cant go grossly outnumbers where I can go. yesterday I passed about 24 of the most epic boondock sites I've ever seen and cant even touch them right now with the coach.