Quantcast

•• Wednesday GMT ••

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
As if I wasn't tired enough already, I had to get up at 3:30 this morning to drop Wife off at the airport. I was going to swim this morning but chose to go back to bed instead and got two more hours of sleep.

So, she's on her way to Big Sky Montana for skiing, while I am left home for the next six days. I'm not even mad about it.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Had Thai fried chicken last night that was incredible going down, but not great coming back up at midnight. Also having the green apple splatters this morning. No bueno. I have my first test plan review meeting at 11, so I am trying to stick it out. The wife thought I should have stayed home, I think she was right. But I'm not telling her that.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Taking low odds company will reimburse me for CFP, so I'm taking advantage of slow week and working on CFP stuff all week.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Ech. If the govt and it's biggest union don't come to an agreement tonight, they will begin striking tomorrow. Since my union is not in a legal strike position, I will have to cross picket lines to go in. Even though I'll technically not be a scab, I will still feel dirty.
picket lines are at the politicians offices, so I didn't have to cross one. nice.

also, school called saying kid 2 was not registered present. WTF?!?! I dropped him off myself. he was supposed to be at a basketball tournament. apparently his homeroom teacher didn't see him board the bus with the other students so put him down as absent. there were a few tense moments until I heard back from the school that they did indeed know where my son is. sheesh.

grey here today. there were a few snow flakes falling this morning. still rode in to work, and the there is evidence of the river overflowing its banks on the bike path... Hopefully it has hit its high-mark...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
on this date in 1995....i was in a knoxville olive garden harrassing my younger brother at the bar watching the okc bombing....

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I need a vacation.
carry on
My vacation begins in 48 hours. WTF I haven't been on a solo Rky Mtn bike adventure in a decade. I keep asking myself if this is real. Bled the Mullet brakes, sorted out my truck canopy locks. Every minute is a minute closer to me peacing out.

I have two goals for this trip - no accidents and no arrests.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I'm bummed, the big unsupported 105 MTB miler race I'd been planning to ride with my wife for my birthday just announced they're pulling it a few weeks earlier to try and have cooler temps than the past couple of years. I can't make the new date. Will need to decide if we'll just ride it on our original planned weekend anyway...

My vacation begins in 48 hours. WTF I haven't been on a solo Rky Mtn bike adventure in a decade. I keep asking myself if this is real. Bled the Mullet brakes, sorted out my truck canopy locks. Every minute is a minute closer to me peacing out.

Where ya headed, I think you'd said FoCo?

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

This weekend's safety goals: Don't add to the population. Don't subtract from the population. Stay out of the hospital, newspaper, and jail. If you do end up in jail, establish dominance quickly.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Where ya headed, I think you'd said FoCo?
I'll sneak in a ride in Boise and then somewhere in Utah/western WY to stretch the legs. Early next week will be the FoCo area and 2nd half of next week is slated for Fruita/GJ. I'm trying to talk myself into taking a Phil World detour but thats a pretty large detour.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I'll sneak in a ride in Boise and then somewhere in Utah/western WY to stretch the legs. Early next week will be the FoCo area and 2nd half of next week is slated for Fruita/GJ. I'm trying to talk myself into taking a Phil World detour but thats a pretty large detour.
Probably riding Phil's on the 1st, early in the morning, before heading back home on the 7 hour drive.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I'm bummed, the big unsupported 105 MTB miler race I'd been planning to ride with my wife for my birthday just announced they're pulling it a few weeks earlier to try and have cooler temps than the past couple of years. I can't make the new date. Will need to decide if we'll just ride it on our original planned weekend anyway...

I'm skeptical this route is clear in a month.

I'm also kind of tempted to give it a whirl, but there is no way I'm in that kind of shape in 30 days.