Quantcast

•• Tuesday GMT ••

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Emergency emergency everyone to get from street.

Just got a call from the director of Alameda Emergency Medical Services. PG&E is going to cut the power to the county at 5 pm. They have activated the county emergency command center. The are requesting all Basic Life Support Ambulances be on standby to supplement the 911 system and be ready to respond. So much fun.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

Just got a call from the director of Alameda Emergency Medical Services. PG&E is going to cut the power to the county at 5 pm. They have activated the county emergency command center. The are requesting all Basic Life Support Ambulances be on standby to supplement the 911 system and be ready to respond. So much fun.
Well that sucks. But better than everything burning to a crisp.

About 5 PM, heard a shot outside and a vehicle pulling away. Grabbed my 659 and went out the door, a turkey was flapping around across the road. Sort of disappeared in the underbrush until the vehicle, small red car with fart cans and two white males, returned. Emerged and walked up towards them with the pistol pointed at the ground. they decided to keep driving, I got their plate number. Called the warden, who said it was OK to give the bird to my neighbor and asked if I'd give him a statement so he could issue some charges...

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons

You will probably get a few 911 calls that people’s WiFi isn’t working.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

Due to high wildfire risk. They aren't maintaining their lines, so there is risk of fire, so they shut everyone down. Fuck that noise. PG&E needs to be taken over.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Just booked my ticket for Joker after reading a positive review from Ars Technica.