Quantcast

πππππ Big flight Tuesday ††††††

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Leaving for Singapore via Zurich at 8pm. First time in Asia and I think the longest flight I have taken. Staying there for two week. Leaving a wet rainy spring in Denmark for some hot tropics but still looking forward to coming hope to a freshly serviced bike and new bar. Went with the 30mm rise Oneup which should be more comfortable than the stock bar and also more rise which should help with comfort too. I got some neck pain last year when riding the bike and the stiff bar was also something I heard in the reviews of the bike.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Got to talk with one of my best friends and his wife for almost 2hrs last night, which was nice. Otherwise uneventful day. League tonight.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Woke up in the same spot as I went to sleep in, which would indicate that not only did I get 8 hours of sleep, it was largely uninterrupted. I needed that.

Spent a good 3 hours in the yard yesterday playing with the kiddo. She had fun and so did I. I'd consider that a win.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
after 4 days off work, I am now back to staring aimlessly at my work computer screen.

two sick kids at home today too. one just getting over his cold, the other just starting. oh happy days.

in happier news, I have my post-op follow-up with my surgeon today. I hope he tells me I can start riding my bike again. after the snow-mageddon that is scheduled to hit us in two days that is... sigh.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Bikes are in the van, heading 60 minutes west to ride the only network that is open. Dirt, it does a body good!

Hopefully we don't get harassed to much for having our traildog with us. Quebes are such a bunch of Karen's.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
damn dog started barking his let me out or clean up the mess I'm going to leave in the hallway twice last night. wanted to kill the little bastard. This was followed at 5:15 with a work call for a malfunctioning lift, hello use your brain and use the manual override like you were trained.

now espresso, eats, then off to the delta for a transport

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
damn dog started barking his let me out or clean up the mess I'm going to leave in the hallway twice last night. wanted to kill the little bastard. This was followed at 5:15 with a work call for a malfunctioning lift, hello use your brain and use the manual override like you were trained.

now espresso, eats, then off to the delta for a transport
That was my biggest beef when I was on-call. The fact that help was a mere phone call away illicited 0 critical thinking on the other end. People who had literal decades of experience in these processes couldn't think their way through trivial inconveniences; they'd call me at 3am so I could be the decision maker and theyd be released of any responsibility. JHFC. :rant:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Nice 3 days off and a shit show this morning. Good times. At least the weather is really nice, too bad I'm working. At least until noon or so. The wife still hasn't given me the days off to put in my work calendar yet, not sure if that's good or bad.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
hi all

working in house today (which means I'm in the hospital basement). first wind ensemble rehearsal since December tonight. I hope I don't suck too much.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I don't know if I wrote about this before, but Haley had to write a "position paper" earlier this year about a major national or global topic - support or against, then send it to an organization in line with the argument of their position. She wrote hers on LGBTQ+ rights, noting how there isn't support, and almost aggression towards it in the local community (obligatory fuck you Douglas County), then sent it to Southern Poverty Law Center as a group doing major legal support for LGBTQ+ rights.

Over the weekend, the school got a large box with stacks of notepads, pens, pencils, sticky pads, a video about Selma, etc. She brought some home, but most was left at school and is working its way into distribution through 6th grade.
1000004735.jpg

Her karting is obviously proud papa stuff, but this is next level for me. Able to make a sound enough argument, that an entity like SPLC will take the time, effort, and cost to acknowledge her writing and then send materials to the school. That's some good shit right there.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I don't know if I wrote about this before, but Haley had to write a "position paper" earlier this year about a major national or global topic - support or against, then send it to an organization in line with the argument of their position. She wrote hers on LGBTQ+ rights, noting how there isn't support, and almost aggression towards it in the local community (obligatory fuck you Douglas County), then sent it to Southern Poverty Law Center as a group doing major legal support for LGBTQ+ rights.

Over the weekend, the school got a large box with stacks of notepads, pens, pencils, sticky pads, a video about Selma, etc. She brought some home, but most was left at school and is working its way into distribution through 6th grade.View attachment 209826

Her karting is obviously proud papa stuff, but this is next level for me. Able to make a sound enough argument, that an entity like SPLC will take the time, effort, and cost to acknowledge her writing and then send materials to the school. That's some good shit right there.
:clapping:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
@stoney getting called into the principal's office due to a bunch of Karens causing a ruckus due to "sensitive" material in 4... 3... 2...

Good on yer kid for being an ally. :thumb:
Bring it. I'd love to hear their arguments as to what exactly about those specific phrases are "sensitive".

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Crazy old man owns 500+ acres of my mountain bike trails. He paid 90k 15 years ago...

Now he's building hisself a shipping container man cave on it. I think he's just fucking with me.

Either way he was looking for manual labor to run the sticks on his equipment.

Maybe I can talk him into selling. He has been throwing around 300k. Property appraises for 175k.

Resized_20240401_151653_1712009836767.jpeg