Quantcast

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιοο̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] The TGIF'nF Gutten Morgan Thread® [̲̅€(̲̅ιοο̲̅)̲̅€]

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
This morning's commute started off great then went to Scheiße... Broken spoke, bent rim.

Hey, at least it's a payday Friday though.

Prost alles!

gET3P6EXdVopb1ikDFeSHAPeSBIwUE75YQ2hN1LqGIA-1536x2048.jpg

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
Morning gents, racing enduro tomorrow and pretty excited . The first stage is dh worthy trails but the rest of the stages are meh. So keep it rubber side down mofo's !!!

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Ran across 2 different Black Bears while riding bikes in the woods last night. I smelled to bad for them to want anything to do with me. The upside of being a dirtbag.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Howdy and happy Friday to all.

I suck at keeping track of plans. I thought tomorrow was big ride day with someone, but apparently that is next weekend. So DH it is tomorrow.

Hot and muggy here again today.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Grumble grumble grumble. :rant:

Running on 2 and some hours of sleep. Was first faced with the choice of either shutting down production or violating company policy. Chose the later. Then had to take the wife to the Emergency Room after a healthy dose of Vitamin D ;) burst a cyst. She's sleeping soundly now and will be okay.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Good morning Monkies!!! I feel remarkably well after 3 days of 90 degree trail rides. I have a short day today and should be able to bail by noon. Need to stop into the blood center to get drawn for my 6 month post surgery appointment next week. I haven't eaten in 12 hours... haven't lost any weight though.

Today's excitement should include brown santa, a 15 mIle road ride and lots of nothing else in preparation for an epic XC ride on Saturday.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I don't know, I'm not a dentist, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn last night but...

riding > moneys
I was actually a little surprise how much (how little?) a dentist makes. Maybe my salary for doing so little has made me jaded, but the report I saw said dentists make between $130k-$160k.

Now I'm not saying that isn't good money (and in the case of my wifes old work, husband and wife are both dentists so x2 would be sweet), but it doesn't seem that far off from where I would be in my career had I cared enough to climb the ladder to management. I knows guys in a CTO or CIO role who make way more than that without having to dig in someones nasty mouth all day. Hell, I know QA managers who make at least $130k to start.

I just think you would have to pay me a bit more than that to be digging out nasty teeth all day.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I was actually a little surprise how much (how little?) a dentist makes. Maybe my salary for doing so little has made me jaded, but the report I saw said dentists make between $130k-$160k.

Now I'm not saying that isn't good money (and in the case of my wifes old work, husband and wife are both dentists so x2 would be sweet), but it doesn't seem that far off from where I would be in my career had I cared enough to climb the ladder to management. I knows guys in a CTO or CIO role who make way more than that without having to dig in someones nasty mouth all day. Hell, I know QA managers who make at least $130k to start.

I just think you would have to pay me a bit more than that to be digging out nasty teeth all day.
I think what you're missing is that dentists only work about 6 months out of the year, and those weeks they *are* working, they are putting in 5 hours a day.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
had to take the wife to the Emergency Room after a healthy dose of Vitamin D ;) burst a cyst.
Cysts arise from ovaries. Ovaries are located laterally in the pelvis. Ergo, TIL that Adventurous has a severely bent dick. NTTAWWT.

:eek:

That might be the going rate for a salaried associate at someone else's or a corporate practice. Practice owners can make much more than that (but have to fund the thing with a giant practice loan or the like).

I rode in today, slowly. Calf feels better finally. Front panniers feel weird as all getout–never used 'em before.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I think what you're missing is that dentists only work about 6 months out of the year, and those weeks they *are* working, they are putting in 5 hours a day.
Not the dentists I know, but ok. While the office is only open Monday through Thursday, they are likely open from 6 to 6 and the dentists are working close to 6 or 8 of those hours. They are private practice and own 2 offices (in vastly different markets). They spend a lot on trying to live as if they are doctors (they have a huge house, a house in Palm Springs, 3 BMW's, kid in private school) but her Jimmy Choo habit is working him to death and I don't think he will be able to do it much longer.

Wifey still says if she were to do it over she would have become a dentist after hygiene school.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Urgh I have been sick for a week sore throat and tired. This has been happening several times since late winter so I went to the doctor. I have a feeling its some king of allergy but I have no idea to what it could be. Blood test and trying some Zyrtec for a while.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Not the dentists I know, but ok. While the office is only open Monday through Thursday, they are likely open from 6 to 6 and the dentists are working close to 6 or 8 of those hours. They are private practice and own 2 offices (in vastly different markets). They spend a lot on trying to live as if they are doctors (they have a huge house, a house in Palm Springs, 3 BMW's, kid in private school) but her Jimmy Choo habit is working him to death and I don't think he will be able to do it much longer.

Wifey still says if she were to do it over she would have become a dentist after hygiene school.
Well... they are doing it wrong. :D

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Pulled a couple more rifle jobs to get done. These ones need to be done before the end of August , antelope starts September 3rd. Won't Be starting for another week with family coming in though.

Gonna be a fun week ahead, long hike tomorrow evening, floating the Madison Sunday, Yellowstone on Monday and possibly Tuesday, then fishing all day Wednesday possibly a stop at the caverns as well.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Eyes are burning a bit from my r0@d ride this am in Grand Teton National Park. Wind keeps pushing the smoke in, clearing it out, etc, so you have a pretty good chance of clear skies here this weekend, Eric.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Su'p bitches, it's the weekend and you are still at work? Never too late for dental school unless Parkinsons...

Brown Santa arrived with bibs and it's still hot out so... plum smuggler time before it gets too windy.