Quantcast

üüüüüüüü Tuesday GTM ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Swapping fat bike wheels, sealant in the rear tyre was dried on like a couple of slices of american "cheese". Presuming the front and both on my wife's bike will be the same too.

Just need brown santa to hurry up and get here with the required rim strips.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Forgot to bring a bit of rope on this work trip to Kansas. Did not forget gorilla tape.
A6C0EB09-0917-4E39-8C5E-72BC292AE3B1.jpeg

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
meh, i'll take the battery life over those kinds of features.

do you use the onboard music storage at all? my boss really likes it
I'd rather have the option and turn off/on as desired. Full functionality (take phone calls, respond to texts/emails beyond pre-made messages, etc) sure would be really great. I'd take that over marginally better battery life, considering the battery usage (pushing) is being done all the time anyway.

And yea I have the internal music pretty much maxed out (16gb?) but don't really use it much as I have to have my phone on me anyway. See point 1 ;)

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Dear Diary:
At the risk of sounding like Eric, Fuuuuuck I’m wrecked (in a good way).
one hour of shoulder PT, 4500 meters on the rower, and one solid hour of silly-hard stuff with my training group.
Shoulder is screaming, gonna take a Tramadol.
Do it all over again Thursday.
Down about 6 pounds, though, so that’s good,

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I'd rather have the option and turn off/on as desired. Full functionality (take phone calls, respond to texts/emails beyond pre-made messages, etc) sure would be really great. I'd take that over marginally better battery life, considering the battery usage (pushing) is being done all the time anyway.

And yea I have the internal music pretty much maxed out (16gb?) but don't really use it much as I have to have my phone on me anyway. See point 1 ;)
What exactly is the battery life between charges on those things?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
my boss said he averages 12-15 days, but he's only had it since the fall.

my 3 year old Vivoactive HR still averages about 6-7 days.

my wife is lucky to get through the day on a charge on her apple watch. for me battery life that poor is a non-starter.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I have everything turned on all the time (Bluetooth, heart rate, pulse Ox) and get about 10-11 days, 1-2 days less if doing a lot of activities. Charges in about an hour from nearly dead.

Battery usage is definitely not a gripe, and would gladly take a hit on that for added connectivity features for sure.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Dear Diary:
At the risk of sounding like Eric, Fuuuuuck I’m wrecked (in a good way).
one hour of shoulder PT, 4500 meters on the rower, and one solid hour of silly-hard stuff with my training group.
Shoulder is screaming, gonna take a Tramadol.
Do it all over again Thursday.
Down about 6 pounds, though, so that’s good,
whadja do to your shoulder? mine still feels weird/not as strong as normal, but i can pretty much ride how i want which is all i care about.
sick AF, it's been a good run friends....
do we need to send over @Toshi? or maybe @SkaredShtles to make you do pushups?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, I bashed it in Sep. ‘20, but didn’t deal with it until I met my deductable in Dec. ‘21, and had labrum surgery (and some other damage). It was kinda fucked when I rode with you last fall, but I had learned to live with it.
The surgery never quite healed properly, so now here we are.
Gonna do another MRI when I get a chance, but for now it’s PT time.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Impulse purchased a trainer off FB on my way home, and it turned out to be my son's friend's dad. They're a couple we've been very friendly with the past 2-3 years (daycare, sports camp and now kindergarten), but otherwise don't know too well. We had a good laugh when he opened the door.

Apparently wifey did the same thing with the mom a couple years ago.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rode in wet snow. We got 5" 24hrs ago that didn't see the temps dipping to freezing, yet. A bit tough going, luckily some packing was provided by dog walkers and a single fatbike rider. Awesome fun, so I have that going for me, which is nice.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Nah just Sun Ringle rim strips for v1 Mulefut rims, exactly the same as the rims on the wheels I've taken off, just different hubs.

New wheels didn't have the rim strip on them which covers the rim holes and nipple heads before tubeless tape goes over the top. Tis a tight fit.

Old wheels need to be cleaned and listed on craigslist once I'm done.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
What did you guys who taught your kids early how to ski use? Wife wants to put the kiddo on planks, but I am totally clueless.

Lucky Bums Kids Beginner Snow Skis https://a.co/d/4Jq8wOq

Something like that a decent beginning set? We'd likely just be sending her down backyard hills, no ski areas for now.

@Toshi @stoney
All used equipment. She won't use poles until she's probably 6 anyways, so there is no point buying any. We got Haley used stuff off CL from day 1. We did season rentals one year, where we bought the skis, but only because we couldn't find used stuff that wasn't junk - that was all multi-year old, new old stock and cheap though. She still hasn't gotten a proper new set of skis, but did get a nice pair of demo skis last year. The most expensive skis to date and they were $275.

Because she'll grow through equipment so fast, just buy it used and then sell it the next season. If you guys are planning on having 2 kids, just keep the equipment for #2.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hannah learned how to do a front flip onto the trampoline at gymnastics today. She also decided today was a good day to chew on her knee. Much crying was done. Extra ice cream makes everything better.