Quantcast

ð℘ɝ It's Thursday and I've Never Made a GMT Before! ɝ℘ð

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Wife is flying home from a business trip to Mexico City today....Yay, the house was empty without her. In other news I slept like shit for the first time in quite a while, today is going to require heavy caffination. Starting out with a double espresso.and we will go from there.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Uh... are you sure it's not Friday? Must just be me then. :) I have a nice 4 day weekend lined up, not going anywhere but looking forward to wrapping up rehab and finding short race of some sort for fall. I had wanted to do a marathon this year but probably not, I'm going to look for an entry level 50K.

The weather here is good, back to the normal pattern of afternoon thunder storms which miss a lot more than they hit. I'll be on the trail by 1PM. :)

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
mornin. still crazy at work. I need to seek new employment. too bad caus' i like the actual work. it's the chain of command that is poisoning this....

At least I'm not in France, having to line-up for rationed gas like my mom...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Ugh, it's still not Friday yet... :rant:
It is if you're taking tomorrow off! :busted:

Will try to accomplish some things today in between taking kids to eye dr. appt and music lessons. it's "speed street" downtown here today - Sunday, which means the central part of downtown is shut down for food trucks, bands, merchandise tents, and other associated crap for nascar fans prior to sunday's race. will have to find the beer trucks at lunchtime. at some point i need to retrieve, pack, fullface, half-shell, gloves, shoes, pump, etc. from my car, which is still in the shop, to take for riding this weekend.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
HOORAY THURSDAYS THAT ARE FRIDAYS! 2300 yard swim done before work. Foot cramps were killing me, which I think were a combination of fatigue and a little dehydration. I got through it though. Bike ride tonight!

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Last surge a activity at work today before hopefully slow Friday and a week long vacation. I still have no idea what I am doing during our vacation, I have airline tickets for Saturday, a car reservation and a desire to consume large quantities of boiled goobers, fried and grilled meat and gallons of beer.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
@rockofullr : what are we looking at up there?
That my friend is where babies come from. If babies were made of steel. The building is the concentrator at an iron ore mine. The random thing coming off the building is a conveyor or flume (not my problem so I don't really know) coming from the grinding circuit.

Last edited:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning it is. I'm gonna need an XL vat of coffee this morning to counteract the fact that I didn't sleep great, am stuff as all hell and have to deal with 7th graders and their nonsense the day before a 4 day weekend! Oh, and marching band rehearsal....yeah, that has to happen today too!

In other news, it's my Friday and we're loading up the camper and heading to Lake Ontario for some RnR. TGITH/F

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
The local XC chest thumpers are having there bi-weekly after work race series on some of the more technical trails in our area tonight. Debating if I want to join them and throw down or just Bong shed it and ride in woods. I am hoping this will be the hardest decision I have to make today.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Took new dog for a run. Went relatively well for our first outing. Must retrieve woman-child at 11 as it is her last day off school, but mama must remain the rest of the day. Not much planned. Video games till I have to leave, then maybe dogs to dog wash this afternoon.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
The local XC chest thumpers are having there bi-weekly after work race series on some of the more technical trails in our area tonight. Debating if I want to join them and throw down or just Bong shed it and ride in woods. I am hoping this will be the hardest decision I have to make today.
riding trails during a race, if you're not racing, can be super fun. especially when you pass the people who are racing.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Super tired. Fell into the Youtube rabbit hole last night and didn't go to sleep until after midnight. Somehow found myself watching the 9/11 documentary by a pair of French brothers then linked from there to another. 3 hours later I realized I had just mind numbed for an eighth of my day.

Going to rain all week, so trying to find things to do with the family. We might go back to the museum so Haley can go "back into space". I taught her Pluto and Chiron too, so she's adding those into her list of planets every night. I just need to get Planet X added to the list. Might try to get Wifey to drive the M too.

Also going to drive the Infinti QX60, Q7, Pilot, and Highlander again. Wifey's now leaning towards the Infiniti as it drives more like a car, even though it's not as powerful.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Rode last night, some of it well after sunset with no headlamp. Braille.

Took out some more house plants.

Planted Tomatoes, peppers, eggplant and bok choi.
i wish i had the time for a full on garden. this year is just gonna be tomatoes, beans, and maybe some cukes. raspberry patch is doing well, need to expand it.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ride last night was awesome. Had about 10 guys out riding. Half of us opted to finish the ride with a trip down this really steep segment of trail; two guys didn't realize it started out kind of steep, takes a left turn and then pretty much drops straight down. All I heard from behind me was "ohhhh shitttt" and then silence as the three of us upfront cleaned it. Hilarity, I guess they had a pile up. :rofl:

Stayed up too late, again.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Hmm, the weather reality is not following the hourly forecast, I find this annoying. I think I will hit the LBS to see if my shorter stem has arrived. On a disgusting note: a presumably homeless person took a poop in my parking lot and it needs cleaned up. To my knowledge there is no emergency service these kind of disasters.

Welcome to the weekend. :bonk:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
i wish i had the time for a full on garden. this year is just gonna be tomatoes, beans, and maybe some cukes. raspberry patch is doing well, need to expand it.
We have Kale, strawberries, squash, herbs, and tomatoes in the garden bed (one bed was given to Wifey for flowers). I'm really tempted to pull up the stone around the edges of the yard to expand the garden around the perimeter for things like raspberries and strawberries that need room to expand.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
We have Kale, strawberries, squash, herbs, and tomatoes in the garden bed (one bed was given to Wifey for flowers). I'm really tempted to pull up the stone around the edges of the yard to expand the garden around the perimeter for things like raspberries and strawberries that need room to expand.
i've got a few planters in place, just time to plant / tend. very limited with a 1 year old. i think next year will be different, something he'd probably be into

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
i've got a few planters in place, just time to plant / tend. very limited with a 1 year old. i think next year will be different, something he'd probably be into
Yeah. Haley's all about watering the garden. She was super into choosing where the flowers were planted. It will be chaotic for sure, as she had a bunch of varieties to work with, but she loved it.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Went to LBS, they forgot to hit "submit" on my new stem even though I prepaid so no new stem until next week. I did decide to pick up a set of Specialized Boomslang XC flats for the GT, they are somewhat low profile and light weight but the deciding factor was matte black...
View media item 2864

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yeah. Haley's all about watering the garden. She was super into choosing where the flowers were planted. It will be chaotic for sure, as she had a bunch of varieties to work with, but she loved it.
Gray loves being outside and already likes playing in the dirt. He is into checking out the hops already.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
It's been my experience that the trouble lies in trying to keep it from expanding. You got some kind of mutant east coast variety that doesn't spread like The Blob?
On the coast of Washington blackberries, raspberries and rhubarb are aggressive / invasive - no one in their right mind would want those in a suburban yard. On the other hand, little wild blackberries would be awesome.

Also: completely overcast and raining like Seattle for the last 2 hours, my life is ruint.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
On the coast of Washington blackberries, raspberries and rhubarb are aggressive / invasive
Our place in washington had a blackberry bramble that I barely kept in check with twice weekly trimmings. God forbid you let that thing go more than 2 weeks or you'd be 2 foot back from where you'd started. That thing grew at a frighting rate.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Flying to FL to see the folks for the weekend.
Yay, planes with internet.
have a good holiday yall.