Quantcast

¿~~Tuesday GMT~~¿

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Had to wake up early to catch the bus to the train station. Turns out I didn't need my alarm, my son was up at 5:30 anyways...

had time to make a coffee and have some granola.

On my way to Montreal for the day for a conference on supply logistics...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Turns out the D game I woke up with yesterday was the beginning of a cold. Tis in full swing now, I think I'll head to work for a halfsie. Luckily in my cold medicine induced slumber last night I received two calls to the on call phone. I remember one, I don't quite remember the other...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Beautiful day here = painful bike ride for me! I haven't been out on my bike (once this season) so it's likely going to kill me, but I am going to join the "roadies" for their dusty fast Tuesday night sufferfest. In other news, We have a camper now and have been working on outfitting that for some camping adventures with the girls.

Coffee is good m'kay?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
We have a camper now
What'd you get?

It's another dreary day. My energy level seems to scale with amount of sunshine. Today I drop off older kiddo at preschool then sit in my office and write papers, in that order.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Went to bed early for a change, only to wake up at about 4am and not fall asleep again. That was then followed by some heavy machinery being unloaded off of a few trucks. Apparently my neighbor is having their driveway repaved.

Joy!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I agree with SS, Nick, and Teh Squeeb. Although while it sucks to not be able to ride, I'm taking the time to catch up on freelance projects and work on the race car. Otherwise, impending staff meeting... I hope there's donuts.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Because you all want to know:

Working with people who are your peers, but 20+ years your senior can be challenging. A sign I'm getting old. Or more senior, I guess.

Jeep Wrangler Saharas Unlimiteds are kind of crappy, but less so when they are free.

Vorsprung Corset seems to work well. Not what I would call a night and day difference in performance, but I guess that shouldn't be expected...

XTR Trail brakes (9000) series have gone back for warranty. They pump up like a balloon, and 2 diff. mechanics signed them off as "bled". Nay nay. Apparently they're going to give me some Saints instead. This has been going on since november. Ridiculous. Saints are more reliable, I'm told...I'm guessing they'll stop my massive self without too much problem.. Good thing I'm not a weight weenie...

What really bites my beans about this is that the shop doesn't get compensated for the time it takes them to install replacement brakes on warranty. Neither do I. That is bullshit. I think I'll insist on a couple sets of spare pads in lieu. If they balk, I will be le pissed.

Wifey goes to Wales with Little Jr. (Alfred) for a week for her Granddad's funeral. That leaves me with Big Jr. (Ben) for a week. Should be fun. Perhaps some X-treme North Shore run-biking is in order this weekend...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Fresh out of college and working as the IT Director for a national hotel group, it was kind of awkward to oversee 40+ year olds in the field at the individual hotels.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Where to ride today ? Hmmmm...

Other than that life changing decision, I'll be making some rings and designing a pocket urn for a man who lost his wife to cancer. Sometimes I feel very privileged and a bit humbled to be a positive part of people's lives.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
A Bobcat with a post hole digger, 10 bags of concrete, a chainsaw, and a pile of lumber. Plus Jim = kickass privacy fence. I even swept the walkway. Masonary, carpentry, electrical, fix bikes, equipment operator. I used some old handlebars to make the door handles. It was fun....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
There is a pretty awesome local trail called Whetstone Ridge. The first few hundred yards of the trail actually resides in the Shenandoah National Park, the rest is NF. By the letter of the law biking on trails is verboten in the SNP, local Rangers are totally cool with people riding, however they ask people to walk the bike the first hundred yards, in reality they will look the other way if you ride it.

The problem is there is a local loon who constantly harasses bikers. Looks like he pulled a gun on a local group over the weekend. Fucking nut-job.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
There is a pretty awesome local trail called Whetstone Ridge. The first few hundred yards of the trail actually resides in the Shenandoah National Park, the rest is NF. By the letter of the law biking on trails is verboten in the SNP, local Rangers are totally cool with people riding, however they ask people to walk the bike the first hundred yards, in reality they will look the other way if you ride it.

The problem is there is a local loon who constantly harasses bikers. Looks like he pulled a gun on a local group over the weekend. Fucking nut-job.
You should suggest to the SNP staff that perhaps they should ban hikers from the trails...