Quantcast

««« Tuesday GMT »»»

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Woke up in excruciating pain. Damn this pinched sciatic nerve, driving me nuts. Working on a website post, logistics plan, and the race book for the Baja 1000 this morning, hoping the pain meds kick in, and going to pick up MRI results in a 1/2 an hour.

Ah, life.

Now that I've helped build a race car and that's about done, I've decided what my next project is gonna be: bike frame. I know, easy, right? But yeah, going to build some sort of townie / commuter bike. Something like a Salsa Fargo or a Surly Long Haul Trucker or whatever. Steel 700c plain ol' BIKE. I'll build it to fit all of my existing townie bike parts, it's this old Alan CX frame and has some wackiness to it. If/when I start the project I'll definitely start a thread. Hell, there's probably a frame building forum on the Monkey, isn't there? Whoa! ;)

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Woke up in excruciating pain. Damn this pinched sciatic nerve, driving me nuts. Working on a website post, logistics plan, and the race book for the Baja 1000 this morning, hoping the pain meds kick in, and going to pick up MRI results in a 1/2 an hour.
have you tried a foam roller?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
have you tried a foam roller?
Or a lacrosse ball. I've had the piriformis muscle flare up from running. Using a foam roller, lacrosse ball, and PVC pipe (yes) for rolling helps big time.
I was lacrosse balling as I was posting. ;)

I do need to get a foam roller, for sure. Thing is, I know the MRI results already: bulging disc that's pressuring the sciatic nerve. Not that I can't (or shouldn't) be foam rolling mind you. Ortho appt on Thursday, Chiro appt on Friday. Gotta get this thing figured out. I also got an inversion table / chair / thingy and did some hanging upside down last night, in hopes of getting some space in those vertebrae.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I was lacrosse balling as I was posting. ;)

I do need to get a foam roller, for sure. Thing is, I know the MRI results already: bulging disc that's pressuring the sciatic nerve. Not that I can't (or shouldn't) be foam rolling mind you. Ortho appt on Thursday, Chiro appt on Friday. Gotta get this thing figured out. I also got an inversion table / chair / thingy and did some hanging upside down last night, in hopes of getting some space in those vertebrae.
Lemme know when you need that surgeon recommendation. :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. 36 degrees per the car on the way to work. Definitely a heated seat day!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Tuesday smoozday. Is it nap time yet?

Had my car for exactly one week now. Have already gone through close to 3 tanks of gas.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
so on Sunday night I made the mistake of getting up to go to the little one when he woke up in the night. I was able to promptly put him back to sleep. Now my wife is like "wow, you're good at that! why have I been doing all by myself for the past 20 months? I'm so glad you can go to him at night now". fvck. what have I done?

On the bright side, once I started going to the oldest during his night wakings, it only took him a couple of months to start sleeping through the night.... maybe it will be the same this time around?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Thing 2 greets you all. We confirmed that its neck skin isn't too thick, so it probably has a normal number of chromosomes.

hand.png

profile.png

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The new girl at the diner doesn't seem to like me. She gave me back my tip? I made sure I blew my nose after she picked up the dishes and placed it in a way that I knew she had to touch it. Toast was cold and I had to ask for peanut butter also.....

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
did you radiology your own reproductive byproduct?
I didn't read this ultrasound, as maternal and fetal medicine stole all the nuchal translucency ultrasounds here. (At University of Washington radiology used to read most of them.)

I did read the initial dating ultrasound a week or five ago, though. :thumb:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
g'mornin'.
was going to go camping in Flagstaff this weekend but the lows are in the 20's. rethinking things now.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
so on Sunday night I made the mistake of getting up to go to the little one when he woke up in the night. I was able to promptly put him back to sleep. Now my wife is like "wow, you're good at that! why have I been doing all by myself for the past 20 months? I'm so glad you can go to him at night now". fvck. what have I done?

On the bright side, once I started going to the oldest during his night wakings, it only took him a couple of months to start sleeping through the night.... maybe it will be the same this time around?
You're doing it wrong. You're supposed to ignore them so that *they* put themselves back to sleep. :D