Quantcast

This is what's wrong with The Industry™

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Yeah. Thought asmuch.
And makes sense the little mucky nutz design Jason (among many others) stole would clear the mechanism.
Here longer plastic moulded RRP/Mud hugger style guards pretty much killed off those. Because Enduro and god forbid if a piece of mud ruined your dorky goggles and helmet look .

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
So whatever happened to this style of trays? (what our other park uses/used) Too easy instead of lofting an e-bike over your head? Too hard because the park has to change the chairs? I thought there were versions that somehow attached to a standard chair too.

Untitled.jpg

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
So whatever happened to this style of trays? (what our other park uses/used) Too easy instead of lofting an e-bike over your head? Too hard because the park has to change the chairs? I thought there were versions that somehow attached to a standard chair too.

View attachment 212044
throughput. whistler can now transport 4 or more riders per chair + bikes instead of only every other chair

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
I have ditched backpacks for riding, its so much better without them.

Even my fanny pack gets very little use now. I will only pull that out on really long rides, when I need to carry a beer or if its super hot and I need more water.

I just carry everything on the bike now. Crush some beer (or water) before hitting the trails and I'm good for 15-20km.
There used to be an enginerd on this board that swor by hydrating before hand, on the shuttle up. And only have a tiny bottle or two for like a 4 hour ride. In Moab. I hope he's still doing ok. I'm sure he's thriving and riding.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
throughput. whistler can now transport 4 or more riders per chair + bikes instead of only every other chair
is it still like 1 out of 7 gondolas for bikes and people that are going to walk 50 feet at the top and get back in and ride down for everyone else?

Leafy

Monkey
Sep 13, 2019

View attachment 212044
the Ones on the backs of the chairs people are riding let’s they not take any chairs off the lift and just let’s them bolt on to the chairs. They also let you do self unload on decoupling lifts, like you unload your own bike at the top. Saves them paying for as many lifties as bikes on the lift as the top.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
the Ones on the backs of the chairs people are riding let’s they not take any chairs off the lift and just let’s them bolt on to the chairs. They also let you do self unload on decoupling lifts, like you unload your own bike at the top. Saves them paying for as many lifties as bikes on the lift as the top.
Those are the ones I was thinking of.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Ok, so I have about 500 miles of hard riding without the plastic spacers, no harm, no foul, no problems. I had no idea it was an issue, and have experienced no negative result.
Just a data point on one, of course.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Because it’s likely indicative of what they will release for XTR/XT, that’s why it matters.
I do not want ANY internally routed anything on my ebike moving forward.
Road and gravel groupsets need the central battery because of the two derailleurs. the MTB version won't have it. The shifter and rear derailleur will have separate batteries.

EDIT: obviously the ebike version of XTR/XT/Deore rear derailleur will be wired, to the main battery.

Last edited:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Because it’s likely indicative of what they will release for XTR/XT, that’s why it matters
What? So you think front mechs are returning to mtb along with rigid seatposts to house a battery?
Cool
I do not want ANY internally routed anything on my ebike moving forward.
Erm... you thought any of this through
or are you just drunk AF?
#Fair enough. it is Thursday already

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
Uhh, no? You got comprehension problems, mate? Current XT Di2 has bullshit wires, too. What does a front derailleur have to do with an MTB?

What Don’t you understand about not wanting any internally routed cables or wires? (Excepting the controller, I guess).
Or wanting a hidden battery?

its really fucking simple.
All else is available, rear D, Seatpost, externally routed brake hose. I just don’t like sram shifting , and they only make a 170mm wireless post.

Last edited:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
What do you not understand about how Emtb mid mounted motors connect to their batteries, switches and sensors? Fazua has slightly less but nonetheless still requires cables

Other than Ebike motors I I'd hate a mountainbike with electric components. But if there was absolutely no alternative. Personally I'd far rather have all power connected to one larger battery than having to manage charge levels for a multitude of stupid removable batteries all over the bike.

Out of interest. Do you actually have AXS (or any other fully wireless) components already?

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
What do you not understand about how Emtb mid mounted motors connect to their batteries, switches and sensors? Fazua has slightly less but nonetheless still requires cables

Other than Ebike motors I I'd hate a mountainbike with electric components. But if there was absolutely no alternative. Personally I'd far rather have all power connected to one larger battery than having to manage charge levels for a multitude of stupid removable batteries all over the bike.

Out of interest. Do you actually have AXS (or any other fully wireless) components already?
Reading comprehension: “excepting the controller/etc”. You know what I meant.
(Shifter/post/brake housing). IE: common maintenance tasks. I don’t want changing housings to be a two hour job, it’s bullshit.

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004

No, because I personally find AXS Transmission shifting annoyingly slow, and, as stated, they only make a 170 post (I run a 210). Magura is too heavy and clunky at this point.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
We agree on AXS' unacceptably slow speed of shifts.
Electric shifting and droppers are also LESS user controllable.
170mm saddle drop is plenty for me apart from for clearance when manualling. 250mm is perfect for that

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Most Emtb frames gained 500g-1kg when manufacturers realised buyers wanted "hidden" batteries.

We're not Ebiking, honest!

We're dumb AF

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009

View attachment 212044
Don't people buy E-Bikes so they don't have to use lifts?