Quantcast

This is what's wrong with The Industry™

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Yeah. Thought asmuch.
And makes sense the little mucky nutz design Jason (among many others) stole would clear the mechanism.
Here longer plastic moulded RRP/Mud hugger style guards pretty much killed off those. Because Enduro and god forbid if a piece of mud ruined your dorky goggles and helmet look .

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
So whatever happened to this style of trays? (what our other park uses/used) Too easy instead of lofting an e-bike over your head? Too hard because the park has to change the chairs? I thought there were versions that somehow attached to a standard chair too.

Untitled.jpg

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
So whatever happened to this style of trays? (what our other park uses/used) Too easy instead of lofting an e-bike over your head? Too hard because the park has to change the chairs? I thought there were versions that somehow attached to a standard chair too.

View attachment 212044
throughput. whistler can now transport 4 or more riders per chair + bikes instead of only every other chair

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
I have ditched backpacks for riding, its so much better without them.

Even my fanny pack gets very little use now. I will only pull that out on really long rides, when I need to carry a beer or if its super hot and I need more water.

I just carry everything on the bike now. Crush some beer (or water) before hitting the trails and I'm good for 15-20km.
There used to be an enginerd on this board that swor by hydrating before hand, on the shuttle up. And only have a tiny bottle or two for like a 4 hour ride. In Moab. I hope he's still doing ok. I'm sure he's thriving and riding.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
throughput. whistler can now transport 4 or more riders per chair + bikes instead of only every other chair
is it still like 1 out of 7 gondolas for bikes and people that are going to walk 50 feet at the top and get back in and ride down for everyone else?

Leafy

Monkey
Sep 13, 2019

View attachment 212044
the Ones on the backs of the chairs people are riding let’s they not take any chairs off the lift and just let’s them bolt on to the chairs. They also let you do self unload on decoupling lifts, like you unload your own bike at the top. Saves them paying for as many lifties as bikes on the lift as the top.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
the Ones on the backs of the chairs people are riding let’s they not take any chairs off the lift and just let’s them bolt on to the chairs. They also let you do self unload on decoupling lifts, like you unload your own bike at the top. Saves them paying for as many lifties as bikes on the lift as the top.
Those are the ones I was thinking of.