Quantcast

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The whole Jeep Beach crowd is an astonishing display of what mud crickets and basic bro's can do with unoriginal parts catalogs. Nothing more than lego's for that kind of crowd, light bars before lockers, and subwoofers before suspension. To the actual crowds that wheel and break things on the trails wont ever be seen at those events.
It's Florida, what else are you going to do with a Jeep other than drive over medians?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
update for y'all, since I know you're waiting with bated breath:

not moving forward with this outfit for now. awaiting quotes from contractor buddy of one of my online frens (who in turn is a developer here in Denver, and is the brother of one of my former residents here at work. whew), and from the landscape firm run by the guy whose plowing company handles the mountain house driveway.

both quotes should be in by next week, in theory.
now have a bunch of quotes outstanding, which probably won't come in since they don't actually want the job and are just ghosting me :D
  1. contractor buddy guy. no word after the ledger board/lineset observation.
  2. buddy of the owner of the hot tub place from which I got the currently-in-Denver Bullfrog hot tub: will swing by later this month or early June to actually see the lay of the land, but back of napkin is "right now its[sic] looking around 23 to 24k. There are a few things I need to confirm in person." Much better!
  3. snow plow guy who also runs a summer landscaping business. he called me the other day and we discussed more details. and he promised a quote a week ago. so who knows where that stands. he was also thinking 20s I think.
  4. new dark horse: got another framer as a contact through an electrician (whose services I won't actually need--will tell that story later once all those pieces are in place). sent him plans yesterday. so similarly who knows if this will pan out.
  5. the $47k padded quote.
Cliffs Notes: getting an actual written quote for this job is srs bzness.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
snow plow guy who also runs a summer landscaping business. he called me the other day and we discussed more details. and he promised a quote a week ago. so who knows where that stands. he was also thinking 20s I think.
so the written quote came back as just an email:

"Like i spoke about on the phone i think we can get the deck job done for 9-13k plus materials and a 7% fee on job and materials."

I'm going to go with him. That 9-13k bit is to hire the crew for the number of days he's estimating. Going to actually get this done! Now just to pin down _when_ it'll happen, and what monies he wants up front to get the materials and crews lined up.

availability.PNG

Next two months would be the time to get this work done. July is booked solid.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I shall switch to this dryer when the current one dies. (240V, heat pump thus ductless, actually gets the clothes dry)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
while waiting for MPEI's PV and heat pump incentives ($2,500 in total, iirc) and their in-house 1% APR financing I paid for the mountain house PV system with a bridge loan. terrible 11% interest rate that I didn't care about since a) Freedom Solar reimbursed the monthly payments for the two months prior to system activation, and b) it was only to float the cost until the MPEI deal kicked in.

anyway, the bridge loan company sent this unexpected email today.

Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 3.47.27 PM.png

$550 free if I pay off the loan this month (instead of the next after the heat pump finally goes in)? don't mind if I do.

between this month's surplus in the monthly budget (recall all the moonlighting I've been doing, thus burnout…), shifting from some savings accounts designed to be used as just this kind of buffer, and withdrawing a bit temporarily from my taxable account I'm doing this.

MPEI will thus write me a check in June (so that I can re-plump my taxable account), I'll have a lovely 1% APR loan (for the PV + heat pump combo), and Mosaic will send me $550.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
while waiting for MPEI's PV and heat pump incentives ($2,500 in total, iirc) and their in-house 1% APR financing I paid for the mountain house PV system with a bridge loan. terrible 11% interest rate that I didn't care about since a) Freedom Solar reimbursed the monthly payments for the two months prior to system activation, and b) it was only to float the cost until the MPEI deal kicked in.

anyway, the bridge loan company sent this unexpected email today.

View attachment 211449

$550 free if I pay off the loan this month (instead of the next after the heat pump finally goes in)? don't mind if I do.

between this month's surplus in the monthly budget (recall all the moonlighting I've been doing, thus burnout…), shifting from some savings accounts designed to be used as just this kind of buffer, and withdrawing a bit temporarily from my taxable account I'm doing this.

MPEI will thus write me a check in June (so that I can re-plump my taxable account), I'll have a lovely 1% APR loan (for the PV + heat pump combo), and Mosaic will send me $550.

You should see if any of your mini people like carting.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
You should see if any of your mini people like carting.
oh, I have a much better way to burn cash: getting that swim spa after all.

(Bullfrog R8L here in Denver will be translocated to the deck in the mountains, after the reinforcement work is completed.)

((have a refundable--since I know myself--deposit on a very good deal on a floor model Bullfrog S150 from Colorado Custom Spas as of Sunday. :) and the concrete guy who did the original pad and walkways last July is coming by tomorrow to estimate costs for expanding the pad's extent for said swim spa.))

442243839_1635843583831827_3741963254257897694_n.jpg

442447535_1145640383255402_5001727050778684183_n.jpg

(((don't need any electrical work! same 50A line and stubout location will work with how I have planned the pad expansion. yay geometry)))

442419843_1527296444837636_1214982915009678788_n.jpg

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Runnin' mine out until they're bald at this point.
I was going to do this and burn the Nokians off alol summer until deciding to sell le Land Cruiser in June. Really doing this. Again!

:D

anyway, before and after (32” worn Nokians on Tundra wheels, 33” KO2s on OEM wheels)

IMG_2518.jpeg

IMG_2520.jpeg

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
the concrete guy who did the original pad and walkways last July is coming by tomorrow to estimate costs for expanding the pad's extent for said swim spa.
IMG_2541.jpeg

In case y’all need some concrete work. Showed up 2 minutes before promised time for the estimate. Didn’t bat an eye at scope. Might be able to bang this pad extension project out next week!

no estimate yet, maybe later tonight or tomorrow. I’m thinking $3k given the original pad + walkways was $5,295.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I saw a short-length 1st gen Sprinter the other day, and was struck by its (lack of) size. this isn't the one in question but very similar but for the rack setup.

sprinter.PNG

to wit, via Wikipedia:

197" length over a 118" wheelbase, standing 95-104" tall depending on roof height. it's like a short-ish minivan grew a giant forehead, if you will

later ones aren't nearly as cute, only coming in 233/274/290" lengths.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
View attachment 211542

In case y’all need some concrete work. Showed up 2 minutes before promised time for the estimate. Didn’t bat an eye at scope. Might be able to bang this pad extension project out next week!

no estimate yet, maybe later tonight or tomorrow. I’m thinking $3k given the original pad + walkways was $5,295.
and it'll cost $1,704.

:notbadobama:

(clearly doing it, just need to get it on his schedule. worth it even if somehow the rest of this plan falls through, with more usable space and eliminating the stupid triangle of grass back by the shed.)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001