Quantcast

This is what's wrong with The Industry™

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
exactly the same BB as mtb press fit. Just has a 10mm longer centre sleeve.
Commencal still use press fit in this year's Supreme... Annoying cunts left the BB shell open so it HAS to be run with the centre sleeve. And don't get me started on their ridiculous cable/hose routing with 3 tight bends running around the BB, shock linkage and main pivot before entering the seatstays amazingly completely ignoring the fact the frames have a clean dead straight run from head tube and inside or under the top tube to the seatstays.

jrewing

Monkey
Aug 22, 2010
Maydena Oz
exactly the same BB as mtb press fit. Just has a 10mm longer centre sleeve.
Commencal still use press fit in this year's Supreme... Annoying cunts left the BB shell open so it HAS to be run with the centre sleeve. And don't get me started on their ridiculous cable/hose routing with 3 tight bends running around the BB, shock linkage and main pivot before entering the seatstays amazingly completely ignoring the fact the frames have a clean dead straight run from head tube and inside or under the top tube to the seatstays.
Commencal seem to have an arrogance about them since their winning run a few years ago.
They national setup was around the corner from me. Stopped doing me deals as they favoured Covid bikers. Got my deals else were and am happy that way. Never had a GT bike, even though ive lusted as a young teen for them since BMX days, then the Lobo DH bikes. Feels nice to satisfy the years old want for one. Especially when they are building sharp bikes again.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Been running a Camelbak Chase vest for trail rides (one bottle not really enough in our summers) and love the pockets on the front straps for phone access and snacks etc. Why they hell don't they (or someone else) do those on the bigger packs? (also why aren't the zips more corrosion resistant)

Trying to find a big backcountry pack for race marshalling days with 3L bladder, loads of storage for spares, bunting, timing gear, snacks and jacket etc with a phone pocket and loop for attaching a walkie talkie and not having much luck. Be awesome if the MULE pack had the vest front pockets and features.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Been running a Camelbak Chase vest for trail rides (one bottle not really enough in our summers) and love the pockets on the front straps for phone access and snacks etc. Why they hell don't they (or someone else) do those on the bigger packs? (also why aren't the zips more corrosion resistant)

Trying to find a big backcountry pack for race marshalling days with 3L bladder, loads of storage for spares, bunting, timing gear, snacks and jacket etc with a phone pocket and loop for attaching a walkie talkie and not having much luck. Be awesome if the MULE pack had the vest front pockets and features.
Check out the Shimano Unzen line, and also the USWE packs. Oh, and a friend swears by his Evoc FR16 backpack.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Those USWE packs have always been interesting to me, and I recently heard some solid reviews from riders who pedal a lot further than I do. The pocketed lightweight camelbaks have totally taken over trail running. Both styles are way more interesting to me than an old school 5lb HAWG or whatever. My current gear is 1 bottle on bike, 1 in hip pack if needed, and a water filter in the hip pack too.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Those USWE packs have always been interesting to me, and I recently heard some solid reviews from riders who pedal a lot further than I do. The pocketed lightweight camelbaks have totally taken over trail running. Both styles are way more interesting to me than an old school 5lb HAWG or whatever. My current gear is 1 bottle on bike, 1 in hip pack if needed, and a water filter in the hip pack too.
Yeah I use the Chase vest thingy for trail riding and local enduros. Sometimes with a bottle as well. It gets bloody warm here. I really like having the phone accessible in the front pocket too. Its less likely to get damaged there than in my pocket and still quickly accessible if needed.

I see the new Camelbak Mule EVO looks to have the same front on it as the Chase vest, that might be an option. Or just getting one of the USWE phone pockets and trying to figure out how to get it to work with my current MULE. Those USWE packs look secure as all hell hey. Wonder how much cargo I can mash in one.