Quantcast

Frankenbrakes and brake improvement discussion

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
I used SRAM DOT grease on the piston seals when 1 lever got sticky.
I have some from Avid, the package is so big it will last me 1000 years if not more.
The left blue circle area is outside of the actual hydraulic system, so I'd guess clean it well then use a light oil
Thanks, I went for the same oil I use on my chain. By the way, the ball joint pointed by the arrow is also outside the hydraulic system :nerd:

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
I have some from Avid, the package is so big it will last me 1000 years if not more.

Thanks, I went for the same oil I use on my chain. By the way, the ball joint pointed by the arrow is also outside the hydraulic system :nerd:
Yeah I meant the seals on the piston after that. Hayes told me a dab of grease on the end of the ball joint. I used DOT grease because it was close but I'm sure something else would work too, like Slick Honey.

Do any of you with Dominions have squeaky levers?
When 1 of my levers was getting sticky, it was also a bit noisy. I replaced the bearings first, then greased the ball end, and finally cleaned and greased the piston seals. The last one did the trick - there was a tiny bit of grit stuck on one of the seals.