bread and milk

Summary from NWS Boston office:

*** POTENTIALLY HISTORIC WINTER STORM RAMPS UP TONIGHT ***

* BLIZZARD CONDITIONS EXPECTED
* UP TO 2 FEET OF SNOW FOR MANY AREAS WITH HIGHER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE
* DAMAGING WINDS LIKELY COAST ESP CAPE/ISLANDS...GUSTS 60 TO 75 MPH
* POCKETS OF MAJOR COASTAL FLOODING POSSIBLE ALONG THE EASTERN MA COAST

Summary from NWS NYC office:

STILL EXPECTING AN OVERALL 18 TO 24 INCHES...LOCALLY HIGHER WHERE BEST MESOSCALE SNOW BANDING SETS UP. SNOWFALL RATES OF 2-4 INCHES PER HOUR EXPECTED LATE TONIGHT INTO TUE MORNING.

IN ADDITION...THE DEEP LOW PRESSURE COMBINED WITH STRONG HIGH PRESSURE TO THE NORTH AND WEST AND HEAVY FALLING/BLOWING SNOW WILL CREATE BLIZZARD CONDITIONS ACROSS THE ENTIRE REGION. A BLIZZARD
WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT...WITH POTENTIAL FOR SUSTAINED WINDS UP TO 35 MPH ON LONG ISLAND...AND WIND GUSTS RANGING FROM 40 MPH INLAND...TO 45-50 MPH MOST ELSEWHERE. GUSTS UP TO 60 MPH CANNOT BE
RULED OUT ACROSS FAR EASTERN LONG ISLAND.

:popcorn:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Finally faced my nemesis this weekend in doing some electrical wiring on my truck. Managed to get the ARB on board air compressor hooked up AND working. The working part was a real treat but hey, there's a reason why I'm a mechanical engineer and not an electrical.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
Glad this snow is Historic if it was prehistoric no one ever would have known as that is prerecorded history. Imagine if it snowed and 300 years later nobody had anyway of knowing that it happened and when it does. Only snow your book is safe.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
once again i shall repeat my opinion that if storms are going to be named, they need better names. Winter Storm Juno? Meh. Winter Storm Rectal Annihilator? that'll get people's attention.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Storm Jackass is making everyone nervous here, notably my cat. Also, taking care of grumpy wife after surgery takes its toll on me, scheduling personal crap and work crap and weather crap seems to be impossible. Forgot my town parking permit at home this morning, let's see if car gets impounded. Is it weekend yet?

*le sigh*

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys,

So after sweating to get this bunch of tests written before the end of the week, the jackass that was supposed to review them took Friday afternoon off. Then I come in to work and it was Australia Day yesterday, so the office was closed. I am guessing I will get feedback tomorrow, or not. Who knows, it might be the Queens Anniversary or some sh!t.

Why is it I work 100% with the team in Australia, yet share none of their holidays? That's messed up.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Morning Monkeys,

So after sweating to get this bunch of tests written before the end of the week, the jackass that was supposed to review them took Friday afternoon off. Then I come in to work and it was Australia Day yesterday, so the office was closed. I am guessing I will get feedback tomorrow, or not. Who knows, it might be the Queens Anniversary or some sh!t.

Why is it I work 100% with the team in Australia, yet share none of their holidays? That's messed up.
you'd take a lot of holidays too if all the fauna (and some of the flora) on your island were actively trying to kill you.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
you'd take a lot of holidays too if all the fauna (and some of the flora) on your island were actively trying to kill you.
All in a days work down there. Or a day off, either way. While they are part of the company, they get something like 5 or 6 government holidays on top of what they get from the company, including our government holidays. It's a pretty sweet deal for them.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I did not ride my bike to work today. Damn snow.
I did ride my bike in to work today. 39 degrees this morning, but 72 by early afternoon, and still probably around 60 when I roll on home. :notbadobama:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Denver's weather in winter can be -10 or 72. Coldest to warmest swings within a single day can often be 40 degrees. It's a crazy place.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Denver's weather in winter can be -10 or 72. Coldest to warmest swings within a single day can often be 40 degrees. It's a crazy place.
colorado...summer with a dash of winter/spring/fall thrown in.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Went to work. Too cold and foggy. Did not make it far. Back on couch rooting on my immune system to handle this Cambodian ebola.

Cambodia; where dreams and nightmares come true

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Monday is over, awesome.

Not quite sure how I got as much done as I did today. Considering that I went to bed after 1am and only had one coffee.