Quantcast

Yess Chain Tensioner for DH

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
WOW!

if you're going to the trouble of buying a new frame just so you can run singlespeed, why not go for something like a Mr Big ST-10(URT) or Brooklyn racelink/superco silencer (jackshaft) with no chaigrowth in the first place?

matsO

Monkey
Aug 26, 2006
WOW again!

Of course I would like to consider a Silencer, but there is no production date on that one is it?

I am not buying a new frame JUST to get the possibility to run it SS. Get it?

But, I would like to have the choice, OK?

Main point of the first post was to inform other 2006 DHR owners that Yess ETR-D is incompatible with the mech hanger. The same goes for newer DHR I think from studying pictures of newer frames.

willhoward86

Chimp
Jan 11, 2012
London UK
Sorry to reignite an old thread all, but I've been thinking about doing this for a while!

Gemini2k - I'm on a VP Free too - just wondering how much material you had to dremel off the mech hanger? I only ask coz I'm fairly confident I'd ruin it :) I'd rather just bolt that sucker on.

Advice much appreciated... Cheers, Will

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
has anyone used the paul components version of this? Looks really quality...I have been running SS DH off and on for about a season now really like it.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Sorry to reignite an old thread all, but I've been thinking about doing this for a while!

Gemini2k - I'm on a VP Free too - just wondering how much material you had to dremel off the mech hanger? I only ask coz I'm fairly confident I'd ruin it :) I'd rather just bolt that sucker on.

Advice much appreciated... Cheers, Will
Hmm, It's been a few years since I did that. I would suggest not grinding off and material. You should be able to make it work best without doing that. If not, just take a tiny bit off.

willhoward86

Chimp
Jan 11, 2012
London UK
Hmm, It's been a few years since I did that. I would suggest not grinding off and material. You should be able to make it work best without doing that. If not, just take a tiny bit off.
Cheers mate. Did you file away the mech hanger itself, or the inside edge of the tensioner?

l008com

Chimp
Aug 10, 2002
Stoneham Mass
So I'm thinking about getting a YESS ETR/D for my Maverick ML-8. I think you are all crazy for riding singlespeeds :P I run an 11 speed Alfine hub on my bike. It gives me pretty close to the full range of a 3x9 geared setup, with the chainline of a singelspeed. I'm currently using a Surly Singlator and it SUCKS. While smaller than a derailer, it still sticks out way further than it needs to. And it doesn't provide a hell of a lot of actual tension.
My gear ratio was 32-20 but I'm upping it to 36-22 to get a little more chainstay clearance (my frame has very low chainstays to accommodate front and rear derailer chainlines.)
But keep in mind those gear ratios mean nothing to a singlespeeder, since those ratios are all going through a hub that greatly reduces or increases the ratio.

So anyway, the real reason I found this thread, I can't seem to find the ETR/D available anywhere except on YESS' website. And it's $70. Is there someplace I can get a deal on one?