Quantcast

WTF! Stupid Michy tire sizing....

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
Erickson said:
When I mount the Comp 16 and the Comp 24.1, I mount them opposite of the directional arrow. I do recommend mounting the Comp 32 and the Mud 3 using the sugestion of the directional arrow.

Yes so far we all agree.
Where it gets extremely retarded though is when you looks at the hot S where what the recommends for the front would help climbing traction! while the arrow on the rear favors braking and rolling resistance while limiting the climbing traction.

LOL. Damn Frenchies :stupid:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Pretty soon tyre manufacturers are going to just what frame makers did, instead of actually sizing the dayum tyres, they'll just offer Narrow, Regular and Wide or some sh!t like that. Then we can all REALLY start the b!tchfest, eh?

:D

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Erickson said:
...running the Comp 16 and the Comp 24.1 opposite of the directional arrow will offer better braking and a faster rolling tire. Better breaking and faster rolling tires are usually preferred over better climbing traction while riding/racing downhill...
Sweet action! I knew to run the comp24 back'ards, and have loved running it that way. I just bought a comp16 for the rear today, and was wondering if I should do the same. Thanks a ton for the info!

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
Can I bump this thread to the top and hijack it for a moment . . . I picked up a 2004 Michelin catalog at Mount Snow, and it looks like they're making BMX tires this year. Can anyone comment on if that tread pattern will show up in a wider 26" format? Leif?

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
in the trees said:
Can I bump this thread to the top and hijack it for a moment . . . I picked up a 2004 Michelin catalog at Mount Snow, and it looks like they're making BMX tires this year. Can anyone comment on if that tread pattern will show up in a wider 26" format? Leif?
I've seen the knobbier of the two 20" models and it's not that different than a Comp 32.