Quantcast

Wireless Microphone

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
This is a long shot, but I'm having trouble here so..

Any of you ever seen or used some sort of wireless microphone that plugs into a 3.5mm jack?

I have a transmitter that came with a wired around-the-head type microphone, but I want to switch it to some sort of wireless microphone.

So basically... Receiver/Transmitter-->wireless mic receiver-->...........-->wireless mic.

My Googling is failing, even on eBay from china venders.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
What are you trying to do? Do you have an audio recorder or camera the lavalier receiver will plug into?
No that's what its plugging into. Its like a tour guide system; one person talks and the rest listen.

I want to replace the headset type microphone with something like this:

But wireless would be a savoir. I also can't find one of the above items from in North America, it seems them all ship from China or somewhere over there.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
So you do have the lavalier receiver, transmitter and mic? What's a "wired around-the-head type microphone?"

This is a complete lavalier setup.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/618739-REG/Sennheiser_EW_112P_G3_A_EW112_p_G3_Camera_Mount.html
Yeah, I have the receiver (35 of them...), transmitter and mic, I just want to replace the microphone. The microphone I have now is like a headphone set.

I ordered the one from above from China, I guess I'll see how that goes.

Also getting some push-to-talk mics for these things.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I'm hoping into someone's hand. I want to turn the transmitter/mic into one device (if that makes sense) and get rid of the long wire.

We're using these for tours in the factory and I want to eliminate the hassle of the cord when the tour presenter changes or for when someone has a question, they can just hand the mic off to that person.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
If I had a microphone like that top one, that sent a signal back to something that plugged into a 3.5mm jack, that'd be perfect. Or one like that, that has push to talk.

We purchased this tour guide system from here: http://www.audioconexus.com/products/tour-guide-systems/

I think they are proprietary or something...I really don't know, I just picked it and purchased it haha.

Its one of those situations where I'm told one thing, go purchased something to meet those requirements and then right after purchasing, the requirements change.