Quantcast

Windrock Springfest

rocklobster

Monkey
Apr 3, 2011
I have someone from My company who will be the designateed driver for Cinco de Mayo, so no biker left behind, and no excuse to sit out a run! Think you can do 20 runs?

Sugar_brad

Monkey
Jun 20, 2009
Get well soon Josh. Bummer that happened but at least it wasn't your neck, could have been a lot worse.

mbrennan

Monkey
Jan 25, 2011
haven't been this excited for a while ... sucks I may be driving up from charlotte solo as my friends all have bedazzled vaginas

OldCrow

Chimp
Apr 29, 2012
East Tn
I might be able to make it if you need a shuttle & driver. I have an F250 and can bring it. I don't know if I will ride, recently had a broken radial head (elbow) & only been cleared from the ortho for 2 weeks & I don't know if all my gear will be in by Sat.

rocklobster

Monkey
Apr 3, 2011
Everyone please remember to purchase your permits at the office when you first pull into the park on your left, they will be checking for them I guarantee it. Also, there is a trailfest for the buggys on the same day based out of the campground so be very cautious while driving. We are pretty much second class citizens on this hill so buggys will have right of way in most encounters, even if your driving.....However if some dumb bitch decides to do donuts in OUR parking lot, I think I know who we can send after her.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Everyone please remember to purchase your permits at the office when you first pull into the park on your left, they will be checking for them I guarantee it. Also, there is a trailfest for the buggys on the same day based out of the campground so be very cautious while driving. We are pretty much second class citizens on this hill so buggys will have right of way in most encounters, even if your driving.....However if some dumb bitch decides to do donuts in OUR parking lot, I think I know who we can send after her.
Last time we were up there, they inspected all our passes twice. Old dude w/ the gun wasn't playing around.

Falling

Chimp
Sep 27, 2009
Since Motobutane called me out on another thread for being a sock puppet account. I convinced the boss that we needed to show up to this thing to make sure people knew we weren't unicorns or puppets...

Anyway, if you see a guy and girl on a pair of Knolly Deliriums lost or broken or slowing you down, feel free to yell. Not sure if we are going to make it both days or just show up Saturday.

Also could someone throw up an address so I can google it. How much is the permit?

See you Saturday

Last edited:

BrianHudson

Chimp
Sep 26, 2009
Mobile Alabama
There is a chance of T-storms Saturday and you'd have to be a complete idiot to stand on top of the biggest mountain around next to a bunch lightning rod like windmills straddling an aluminum frame. I can't wait.

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
Since Motobutane called me out on another thread for being a sock puppet account. I convinced the boss that we needed to show up to this thing to make sure people knew we weren't unicorns or puppets...

Anyway, if you see a guy and girl on a pair of Knolly Deliriums lost or broken or slowing you down, feel free to yell. Not sure if we are going to make it both days or just show up Saturday.

Also could someone throw up an address so I can google it. How much is the permit?

See you Saturday
Cool! I'm on a black Yeti 303R-DH see ya there.
[video]http://www.pinkbike.com/video/224251/[/video]

^^^^Here's a shot of my poker face at 5:23!^^^^ Requiem makes some good video's

Last edited:

clealan

Monkey
Mar 9, 2008
Fairview NC
I have watched that video so many times I feel like a GaGaFan. So Motobutane has agitated two more people into coming out and having fun....amazing! Permits are $17, by the way.

rocklobster

Monkey
Apr 3, 2011
we have had 50% +/- chance of rain for the past several days and they have been beautiful! It looks like the forecasters have hit the summer slump of saying its gonna be sunny and it may rain for 15 minutes in the afternoon. If anything a little cloud cover will be a welcome reprieve.

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
Do you think we will have to provide "protection" for Motobutane?
Protection ?:shocked: Flashing yer medal will temporary blind any attacker. Now the key to wearing your medal is make sure you wear it under your jersey, but constantly adjust yer jersey so you have to pull it out every time there is a big crowd around and....this is the important part..... when you introduce yer self start out with the latest accomplishment like....Silver medal DH winner Caussiecan:banana:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Speaking oneself in third person is always impressive as well.
motobutane was tearing it up out there.
motobutane passed a bunch of posers.
motobutane's happy with his performance.

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
Speaking oneself in third person is always impressive as well.
motobutane was tearing it up out there.
motobutane passed a bunch of posers.
motobutane's happy with his performance.
More like:
Motobutane is a hack
Motobutane needs training wheels
Motobutane crashes well

Butch what day are you riding???

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
More like:
Motobutane is a hack
Motobutane needs training wheels
Motobutane crashes well

Butch what day are you riding???
As far as I know, I'm not. Saw where you guys are headed out for Sat/Sun and I have kids so I can't be gone both days and can't head over Sat.. Don't know of anyone I could ride over with Sunday. pour one out for a homie.

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
I'm wearing a Leatt brace because of yer lack of crashing well ability's!
Everybody should wear one regardless of my crash abilities or not, especially at our age(s). The past two crashes I have had have taken me out. It's no fun and I am over crashing badly. Heck, I can't even come and take photos these weekend cause crutches aren't gonna cut going up and down Windrock's trails.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Everybody should wear one regardless of my crash abilities or not, especially at our age(s). The past two crashes I have had have taken me out. It's no fun and I am over crashing badly. Heck, I can't even come and take photos these weekend cause crutches aren't gonna cut going up and down Windrock's trails.
You may want to consider a walker's Leatt. ;)

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
WTF your gonna let that little collar bone slow you down? You were supposed to be there today grooming trails!
Hell yeah its slowing me down, believe it or not this is my first broken anything....don't much care for it either. Just coming for the cheeseburgers and margaritas now. I'll be damned if I'm gonna hike those trails groomin.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Hell yeah its slowing me down, believe it or not this is my first broken anything....don't much care for it either. Just coming for the cheeseburgers and margaritas now. I'll be damned if I'm gonna hike those trails groomin.
Whoa whoa whao now...more importantly you're supposed to build me a fence in like 2 weeks!

I've had the damn flu or some other bs bug all week so looks like I'm freakin' out. Sheddin' a tear over here.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
As far as I know, I'm not. Saw where you guys are headed out for Sat/Sun and I have kids so I can't be gone both days and can't head over Sat.. Don't know of anyone I could ride over with Sunday. pour one out for a homie.
If I go it will be a last min thing for Sunday. Butch you can ride with me as long as we can fight about dumb **** on the way. Ha Ha If I do decide to go I will let you know.

Cecil

rocklobster

Monkey
Apr 3, 2011
Best conditions for the rock in a while, rained last night and got it sooo good. Also, too bad your not gonna make it out, left the run in to the road gap just the way you like it! Nice and rough.