Quantcast

Windham WC DH 2015 - Murricaaa!

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
It's time for the Windham thread! Having two WCs in a row is always nice for the DH nerds. Since the course is fairly short, there will be one hell of a tight race.

Great to hear that the missile is returning to racing. Everyone is stoked!

Ratboy is back at it. Pretty awesome to see him back on the top step. Can he pull another win in Windham?
Seems like he gets in form once again at the end of the season.
What about the "locals"? Gwin is always fast, but was a little off the pace on the last two rounds. Mulally? Well, not sure what happens to that guy at the moment. Leaving Trek is not a good idea it seems.

There are such a lot of riders that can pull off a podium so I predict my top 3 possible winners:
  • Ratboy (He's done it last year)
  • Gwin
  • Bruni
oh, and never count Minnaar out, but it seems like longer tracks suit him better.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
I'll be there looking for @TrumbullHucker again and his boy who bought my bike.

No kids with me this year :cheers:

Ratboy for the win
Minaar in a close second
Gwinn get's a disappointing third after he breaks more bike parts.

Missy proves she's still fast with a top 10 (after how many years off the race circuit)
Rachel wins, she's on point.
Manon in second
Myriam Nicole in third

Tracy hannah blows me kisses when my wife isn't looking and I faint.

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
I'll be there looking for @TrumbullHucker again and his boy who bought my bike.

No kids with me this year :cheers:

Ratboy for the win
Minaar in a close second
Gwinn get's a disappointing third after he breaks more bike parts

Missy proves she's still fast with a top 10 (after how many years off the race circuit)
Rachel wins, she's on point.
Manon in second
Myriam Nicole in third
tahnee seagrave blows me kisses when my friends aren't looking and I faint.
fixed for #DreamsComeTrue

we will be decked out in merica costumes and bathed in american light beer ( gotta hydrate )

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
I'll again be drinking locally brewed michigan suds.

I'm off to walmart shortly to find some "murrica clothes, and a bikini for the wife

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
This week is going too slow. We're heading up early Friday to ride their "bike park" and of course Platty.

yeah were leaving thursday night and snagged a hotel nearby...
not sure if i want to hassle with the DH bike or not this weekend; but i def want to try out the park

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
yeah were leaving thursday night and snagged a hotel nearby...
not sure if i want to hassle with the DH bike or not this weekend; but i def want to try out the park
since the race is on Saturday, theres no way we could waste a sunday continuing to hang out at Windham and watch that "other race" instead of surfing Platty shale. i do hope the two trails that are open at Windahm will keep us occupied until qualis

Last edited:

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
since the race is on Saturday, theres no way we could waste a sunday continuing to hang out at Windham and watch that "other race" instead of surfing Platty shale. i do hope the two trails that are open at Windahm will keep us occupied until qualis
Wilderness roll is a 3 mile long hero jump trail if you like air time and brake less berms you will be amused for a bit. About 8 minutes top to bottom

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Wilderness roll is a 3 mile long hero jump trail if you like air time and brake less berms you will be amused for a bit. About 8 minutes top to bottom
Sounds like skyline at snowshoe? If so that should always leave a good smile.

I'll be riding Friday afternoon with my wife if anyone wants to hook up for some laps

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Was he even at MSA?
Do not want to bash the stars and stripes, but he wasn't all that consistent in recent years. Although he snagged to get a miracle run and a podium last year.
Seems pretty odd that he is in such a difficult position now. I mean, was he even in the top 20 this year at all?

I still think Whiteley is a Voodoo master and can't stand to be left. All the ex-riders get a curse.

SOON!

Last edited:

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Frikken hurry up and get here already, weekend!

A little jealous of you east coast dudes and dude-ettes goin to see the race in person!
:monkeydance:

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
yes.... yes it is
did they finish the larger jump trail?
the little one (gronk) was fun as chit
the DH was sliiiippy lol
I was there Sunday, and was told 2 weeks for the bigger jump line to be done. I've only been twice, but I've gotten lucky and it's been bone dry both times, so the natural style DH trails have been primo. I have buddies who've been after, or in the rain and said its pretty god damn slick. That's to be expected though, it's rocky and steep. Overall, I think they've done some really good work. Lots of new stuff to open this year and next too.

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
Do not want to bash the stars and stripes, but he wasn't all that consistent in recent years. Although he snagged to get a miracle run and posium last year.
Seems pretty odd that he is in such a difficult position now. I mean, was he even in the top 20 this year at all?
I still think Whiteley is a Voodoo master and can't stand to be left.

SOON!
Was Whitley shown the door at Trek? I was wondering why I never saw him at MSA.

DH Dad

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
MA
It's looking to be dry so I'll put Gwin on Podium. I'm just really happy with all the guys who've been on the podium this year keeping that rainbow jersey off the podium;) Going to be fast, need to pick a good place to watch. I've tried the road gap, lower rock section but the speeds are so fast it's like watch a blur! What's it like higher up?

Is Steve Smith's bubble completely burst? Was he a one and done?​

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
I don't think so as he is the owner of team. Trek is "just" a main sponsor if I remember right.
From the TWR homepage:

Martin Whiteley:
Team Director
Former downhill racer Martin Whiteley founded 23 Degrees Sports Management in 2000, the company which owns and operates Trek World Racing. His previous teams have been Team G Cross Honda and Global Racing. Lives in Granada, Spain
Maybe he was brewing some sort of voodoo soup for Gwin and Mulally in Spain? :panic::D

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
It's looking to be dry so I'll put Gwin on Podium. I'm just really happy with all the guys who've been on the podium this year keeping that rainbow jersey off the podium;) Going to be fast, need to pick a good place to watch. I've tried the road gap, lower rock section but the speeds are so fast it's like watch a blur! What's it like higher up?

Is Steve Smith's bubble completely burst? Was he a one and done?​
Wifey and I will be doing the usual, lift to the top and slowly work our way down the mountain through the pro women and mens field, finishing near the bottom for the last few riders. Means you get to watch the action in all the good areas of the mountain.

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
Dumb question. Will Emiline Raggot be there? I heard she crashed and broke her arm? If so, I assume she flew home. But if it was a wrist or something, she may have gotten that taken care of and want to stay for this weekends race (maybe team obligation?). Anyone know if she'll be there for sure or not? Thanks