Quantcast

Who wears eye glasses with goggles?

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
I am looking for some info pertaining to wearing goggles with my eye glasses.

Are there certain ones that work better with eye glasses?

I just picked up a pair of Oakley MX O frame goggles and they push my the bridge of my glasses against my nose. It isn't really uncomfortable but it make me wonder if there is a pair of goggles that may be better suited to work with glasses.

Honeywell

Monkey
Sep 21, 2001
Bellingham
I wear glasses under my goggles. I've got a pair of Scott OTG (over the glasses) goggles and they do the exact same thing as your Oakley's. They have relief in the frame for the arms of the glasses, but they still push the bridge against my nose. So I'm wondering as well if there is anything better out there.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
Eigil said:
I have Scott OTGs, and they work fine. Maybe smaller glasses for riding?
The glasses I am trying to use are as small as I can wear. Is the frame of your glasses curved by any chance?

It appears that the goggles touch the glasses at the outer edge where the arms attach. I am wondering if I should try bending the frame so it has a curve so they fit in the goggles better. :think:

grimm

Monkey
Jan 12, 2002
Sweden
Salami said:
The glasses I am trying to use are as small as I can wear. Is the frame of your glasses curved by any chance?

It appears that the goggles touch the glasses at the outer edge where the arms attach. I am wondering if I should try bending the frame so it has a curve so they fit in the goggles better. :think:
then you might as well get new glasses, coz the glas in your frame is made to fit that frame, if you bend it you may upset the correction of the glas.

try consulting your optitian and bring your goggles, good luck!

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
grimm said:
then you might as well get new glasses, coz the glas in your frame is made to fit that frame, if you bend it you may upset the correction of the glas.

try consulting your optitian and bring your goggles, good luck!
I was thinking of bending them at the bridge and adjusting the arms.

I think I will bring the goggles with me to my optician and let them make the adjustments.

grimm

Monkey
Jan 12, 2002
Sweden
Salami said:
I was thinking of bending them at the bridge and adjusting the arms.

I think I will bring the goggles with me to my optician and let them make the adjustments.

good idea, dont do it on your own. like i said, the glas is supposed to be a certain way infront of your eyes, and if you bend the bridge, that way will change, and that may affect the correction of your glasses so they wont work as they should. but an optician will be able to say if thats the case or not

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i have been doing the gog&glass combo for a year now and it works fine. I have the Oakley Bubba gogs and some very small nike frames. The frames are flex-metal with polycarb lenses.

The helmet you are wearing could also be part of the problem. I am using a specialized hucker, size large.

Goodluck!

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
I do as well.

I have adidas glasses.And i have adidas yodai googles.They fit like a charm.And they dont fog up as well!!!

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I just use RX sunglasses, Rudy Project Eyeknox SX, they work awesome. I was in a dust storm in Moab & they saved my eyes, only a little bit of sand got to my eyes, they rock.

scooderdude

Chimp
Feb 11, 2002
Bay Area
I use glasses under my Spy goggles w/o problem in terms of comfort and fit. Sometimes I use contacts, but when I get lazy (which is most times), glasses and Spys work great.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
When I wear goggle I use my oakley L-series goggles which aren't too big and fit perfectly over my glasses and in my helmet.