Quantcast

Who makes Long Inseam Shorts?

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
So far FOX Defend are the longest I've found, but they're $95 on sale... Adidas FiveTen, Fast House, 100% all look like short-shorts on my 6'3" dad-bod. Any other brand suggestions?

I've tried surf shorts and gym / ball shorts, but don't like either really. Surf shorts tend to not be stretchy enough and gym / ball sorts are too wide at the bottom. Non-baggy stretchy shorts from non-bike companies are totally fine...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I'm 6'2", 34" inseam (but skinny :p)and Pearl Izumi Summit Shell (at sale prices) are my new favoured shorts for trail riding as they also don't have dumb velcro to wear out or destroy stuff in the wash.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
TLD Ruckus.

I'm 6 2 33" waist. Total dad bod. They come down to my knee caps, right about the middle of them. Haven't measured the actual length.

Plenty of pockets. Can get with or without liner. See if you can find one on sale. Even if it's an earlier model.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Chrome I Love. Might not be your style? I have what they call “knee high’s” from them and could not find them on the site for you? Does not mean they still don’t have them. They cover just below your knee’s. I’m darn near 6”5 36“ I seem and Love um. They Company is quality. chromeindustries.com

Avy

Last edited:

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Thanks for some solid suggestions! Some brands I hadn’t thought of for a minute, but nothing cheaper or longer than the FOX defender. I will probably just go with another set of those, bc I know the fit works and they’re on sale…

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It's all about short shorts...if your quads are big they don't ride...chicks dig it and dudes get uncomfortable if they look and you make eye contact...win win

I told Moto's need replacing but I've been wearing zoic...the others for well
i know you ride in denim booty shorts

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
TLD Ruckus.

I'm 6 2 33" waist. Total dad bod. They come down to my knee caps, right about the middle of them. Haven't measured the actual length.

Plenty of pockets. Can get with or without liner. See if you can find one on sale. Even if it's an earlier model.
on the topic of TLD... last summer i needed new DH pants and shorts. i found the sprints were cut surprisingly tight around the thighs/quads, to the point that i had to size up (needed a 38 instead of a 36).

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
on the topic of TLD... last summer i needed new DH pants and shorts. i found the sprints were cut surprisingly tight around the thighs/quads, to the point that i had to size up (needed a 38 instead of a 36).
Yeah, sizing with TLD has gone a little different, eh? :D

Speaking of things I should never mention in this forum. Bought a few pair of pants. My skin allergies to long grasses around here is not getting any better. So for a while I'd use leg and/or arm "sleeves". Without them railing turns that would put you in the tall grass would give me hives. Literally scratching them for days. Until the grass died and all is good.

So I found some "xc - ish" pants from Pearl Izumi that are actually quite good. Good pockets, good fit, adjustable internal belt. Not sure if they'd fit knee pads, but I don't crash (HA). Totally good with the allergy thing tho. :D

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yeah, sizing with TLD has gone a little different, eh? :D

Speaking of things I should never mention in this forum. Bought a few pair of pants. My skin allergies to long grasses around here is not getting any better. So for a while I'd use leg and/or arm "sleeves". Without them railing turns that would put you in the tall grass would give me hives. Literally scratching them for days. Until the grass died and all is good.

So I found some "xc - ish" pants from Pearl Izumi that are actually quite good. Good pockets, good fit, adjustable internal belt. Not sure if they'd fit knee pads, but I don't crash (HA). Totally good with the allergy thing tho. :D
i have a pair of endura singletrack pants that fit knee pads.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
I got myself a couple pair of the original Endura Singletrack shorts and pants, Humvee shorts and some click-fast chamois way back in the day. On my last pair of each, but they are still going strong. Proper buttons and snaps to close, none of this works for 6 weeks or 6 washes whichever comes first velcro. No knee / pad gap. Compared to the tissue paper that stuff seems to be made of today, they are HEAVY with ALL the pockets, but I will take the durability and usability over fashion.

...now get off my lawn. :shakefist:

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Try walmart for Capris. They make them for men:

Whoa bro, this isn't europe. :D

Full disclosure, my best 3/4 pants (we'll not call them capris) is waterproof, yet breathes, has belt loops and have pockets that actually work. Yet, the brand is not around anymore. Anyone care to guess who that is/was? I believe they were out of Washington state, or Oregon, somewhere in the PNW.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Jeebus…I was literally just googling for “capris…”

I don’t consider myself that long-legged, but a 13” inseam on shorts results in gaper gap for me.

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
Whoa bro, this isn't europe. :D

Full disclosure, my best 3/4 pants (we'll not call them capris) is waterproof, yet breathes, has belt loops and have pockets that actually work. Yet, the brand is not around anymore. Anyone care to guess who that is/was? I believe they were out of Washington state, or Oregon, somewhere in the PNW.
I bought 4 pairs of Sickle 3/4 nylon "climbing" shorts like 10 years ago, maybe it was those ? I cut them at mid-knee and I've been riding those damn things since then. Too bad they don't make them anymore as I only have brown and grey colorways and I can't stand to see them anymore. They have two regular hand pockets, one back pocket, belt loops and a small strap to tighten them which is quite handy and you don't need a belt at all. They're light, water-resistant when they come out of the dryer and they don't have any signs of wear in 10 years.

Last year I bought some TLD Flowline shorts that aren't bad, but I think I still prefer my old Sickle. They are just as long, but a bit wider at the thighs, which I don't like as much, and they already show saddle wear from like 7-8 short rides. Plus, velcro straps to tighten without belt loops, and I don't know why they didn't make that velcro at least a bit longer, there is like 1" of adjustment. They were 60% off though and are black, so I can live with that.

Also got some Chromag (same knee length) but they are thicker and warmer so I don't wear them riding.

Oh and some Dakine that I didn't like the fit at all (tight near the waist but too baggy everywhere else).

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
A very good alternative is to find some pants that fit well, determine how long you want your shorts, mark, cut and sew… or take them to the tailor to have that done. You’ll be happy with the result.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
A very good alternative is to find some pants that fit well, determine how long you want your shorts, mark, cut and sew… or take them to the tailor to have that done. You’ll be happy with the result.
No doubt. This is on my list of alternatives. Relatively easy hem to machine sew also…