Quantcast

who is da-bomb kamakaze ??

rockracing

Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Cape Town, South Africa
ok, I'm gonna hikjack my own thread, I saw there's a chick who came 7th in pro womens dh this weekend, UCI code shows she south african, any one know her story, rides for Yeti RPM, Joanna Petterson ??

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
I'm pretty sure Joanna is from colorado. She just turned Pro. She raced the NCS last season as an expert, but I think she's american. Anka Martin is from South Africa though. Maybe they got some info mixed up. (Or I could be totally wrong and she is from South Africa!).

Dylan

Monkey
Jan 25, 2002
San Diego area, California, USA
don't really know much about the guy. seems pretty cool though. Bryn introduced me to him at 'Otter this year & informed me that he LEGALLY changed his name to KAMAKAZE. I'm pretty sure it's just one word & that's it. However i've seen him put KAMAKAZE KAMAKAZI (changed the last letter) at one race, and "Da Bomb" at another. i think he's just filling in something for the last name on the entry form.....changing it up all the time

kinda odd, but hey, whatever floats yer boat! Besides, how many Kamakaze's do you know? (i personally know about a dozen or so from local bar.....but that's another story all together! hahah :D :devil: )

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Dylan said:
don't really know much about the guy. seems pretty cool though. Bryn introduced me to him at 'Otter this year & informed me that he LEGALLY changed his name to KAMAKAZE. I'm pretty sure it's just one word & that's it. However i've seen him put KAMAKAZE KAMAKAZI (changed the last letter) at one race, and "Da Bomb" at another. i think he's just filling in something for the last name on the entry form.....changing it up all the time

kinda odd, but hey, whatever floats yer boat! Besides, how many Kamakaze's do you know? (i personally know about a dozen or so from local bar.....but that's another story all together! hahah :D :devil: )
I think you got it. I have only heard the Kamakaze part, I hadn't seen the da bomb part before

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
are you sure he spells it kamAkaze? the real, japanese spelling (as in "divine wind", suicide dive bombers and all) is kamIkaze.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
well, i hope he didn't get it tattooed across his back at least...