Quantcast

who bought the Race Face Atlas pedals

nauc

Monkey
May 14, 2007
im thinking about buying them. how do you like them. anything you dont like about them

thanks

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I saw them in person last week and placed my foot upon them, and now I am getting a set for sure. They look and feel great. They are thin, concave, good pin placement etc... I would call the platform size of this pedal medium which I like because I will hit them less often.
(PS you may not want to listen to me as I only ride flats on my hardtail.)

nauc

Monkey
May 14, 2007
im running Saints right now (like them a lot), but i want to get something lighter

thanks

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
I've been running the atlas pedals on my trail and DH bikes for 5 months now. Like them a lot. My only complaint would be proprietary pins.

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
Don't have the Atlas pedals but I had a really positive experience with Race Face warranty replacement. Sure, it would have been even better if the part hadn't broken at all, but when it did, I got a new one fast and without problems. I can't say the same for all companies I've dealt with.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Got the cheaper Aefects on the DH bike and they have been swell also. No long term data on durability but they have taken a few shots without any issues, have a nice platform size, are concave and grippy. I'm sure the Atlas pedals are even nicer being a few mm thinner and lighter.

Update: Got a few more days in with a bunch of hard rock strikes (one of which tossed me OTB in a rock gallery) and still running smooth as when they were purchased. Very pleased.

Last edited:

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I bought a set about a month ago to use primarily on my DH bike. I took them as a backup on a road trip last week hitting several states on our trail bikes and ended up riding them all but one day. So with over a hundred miles on them on my trail bike and a little time on my DH bike I can say they are awesome pedals. Highly recommended :thumb:

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
am i the only one who uses plastic pedals? granted, it is on my trail bike.. theyre premium bmx PCs, i get a lot of weird looks from the trail bros/douchers where i ride. :rofl:

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
My only complaint would be proprietary pins.
how proprietary / weird are they? my definition of a reasonable flat pedal is 'has pins that I can replace pretty easily if I go into my box of pins that I've accumulated for typical flat pedals over the years' or 'has pins that can be replaced at a hardware store the day before a road trip'.

nauc

Monkey
May 14, 2007
I'm trying to decide between these and the Spank Oozys.
i looked into those too, but i like the idea of no bushing. and theres nothing really about the Spanks that makes me want them over the RF pedals

BUT, the Spanks would probably rock regardless

Last edited:

metalMTB

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
Richmond, VA
yea most of the pictures are on their website don't really show how thin they are. Once you see the side profile though....wow they are thin. The spindle is almost thicker then the actual pedal.

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
The spindle is almost thicker then the actual pedal.
I haven't tried the Crampon pedals, but that is why I don't like the look of them. The body is basically convex, instead of concave like most other pedals. I recently switched to the Spank Spike pedals which are flat and while the grip is good, I could feel the difference in body shape. I don't see how being super thin makes up for the convex shape.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
had them for a few months. bashed them a bunch. no complaints. do wish more pedals these days had the pedal wrench option and not just allen removal though...
that inboard bump is nothin - the lighting in that pic makes it look huge.