Quantcast

Whistler trip in September, anyone interested?

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Anyone have any interest in a trip to Whistler in September? This might be the last one for two years as it appears I am going to be out of the country all of next spring and summer.

I was thinking flying to Seattle on the 4th of September, driving to Whistler on the 5th, and coming back to Seattle on the 8th. That's 3.5 days of riding.

I always stay at The Whistler Village Inn and Suites. You can keep your bikes in the room, it has a pool and a BBQ so you can cook all of your dinners, and on the last day you can still shower in the pool area after you check out.

Anyone interested?

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I'll have one I think Wednesday of next week. Just not a Yeti... :(

ustemuf

Monkey
Apr 8, 2010
Bay Area
ahh I just barely miss those dates.. I'm going for the first time ever August 26th to September 1st... My mom gave me her time share and I'm bringing 5 of my buddies..can't wait to ride there!

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I'm in!

Unfortunately all of my DH buddies have to work or deal with their new kids this summer. Kind of a downer when everyone grows up.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
We might be there! Or we might just miss you and be there the following week. I'll watch this thread when it gets closer.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I'm always ready to ride some bikes and tilt some beers. I'm going, even if its one man army style.

drop to flat

Chimp
Mar 1, 2012
in a van,whistler
Whistler gets boring been going solid since 05 i been averaging 70 plus days each season with a 700 lap tally.thinking of a different resort destination this season mix it up at Sun peaks opens in June seasons pass is only 300 $

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I may be down. You renting a car in Seattle? Trying to put something together with local boys, but if not, I still want to get up there.

ballaholyk84

Monkey
Aug 24, 2007
Beaverton, OR
Bummer! I am getting Married in Cali on August 23rd, having the Reception here in Oregon on September 15th and actually had our Honeymoon planned for Whistler but was gonna be from September 20th-25th. It would have been awesome to see some of you up there.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Just locked my flights in. Going to Seattle on the 6th, see some friends, get up on the 7th and drive like hell, ride til the 10th, drive back to Seattle, leave the 11th. Home to Phoenix that day, regretting getting back to the heat I suspect.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
September? You probably know this but they stop running the lifts late on the 4th of Sept.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
September? You probably know this but they stop running the lifts late on the 4th of Sept.
Son, I'm old and I am fat and I am out of shape. 7 hours a day is more than this old corpse can handle. By 5pm I am normally in the hot tub or in the bar.