Quantcast

Which fork to get

FrBikerGuy

Chimp
Feb 29, 2004
Seattle Area
Im gettin a new bike and am not sure which fork i should get for it. The frame is goin to be a Iron Horse World Cup. The forks i was lookin at were the Jr T, Sherman Slider Plus, and the Boxxer Team. Im 150 pounds and not a very smooth rider and was lookin for some advice. Thanks

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
anything but the boxxer and the junior t. I have a 2002 super t that i'd be willing to part with if the price is right. its in great shape. works just like new.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
dont you love peopel who post opinions with no justification? Boxxers work just fine.

BTW when you post an unfounded opinion, try not to spam in the same post ok?

cali4niabiker

Monkey
Jun 29, 2004
ATLANTA, GA
FrBikerGuy said:
Im gettin a new bike and am not sure which fork i should get for it. The frame is goin to be a Iron Horse World Cup. The forks i was lookin at were the Jr T, Sherman Slider Plus, and the Boxxer Team. Im 150 pounds and not a very smooth rider and was lookin for some advice. Thanks
If you have buddies that ride, try 'em out and get a feel for them. Ask the locals about their experiences on the fork, especially at NORBA races close to you... shop around and get a price and feel for the fork before you buy.

If you don't really notice a big difference between the forks... then you might want to consider issues such as durability, upgrade options, and weight. If you want durability and better adjustability, Jr T and the Slider will have the edge. If you want some weight savings & the ability to upgrade in the future (Upgrade options = blackbox, mojo, ID cartridge by Stratos, plus more in development that I may not be aware of), then the Boxxer is the way to go. Its a matter of deciding which fork has the most of the two evils :evil: Just my 2 pennies' worth. :D

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
The Slider has the most sophisticated damping system of the ones you mentioned. I'd avoid the Jr. T because of the problems with hydraulic lockout.

No opinions on Boxxers as I've never ridden them, but like I said, the Slider has far and away the most advanced damper of the three...

snowskilz

xblue attacked piggy won
May 15, 2004
rado
Out of your options get the slider+. Great feeling fork. Just not super burr..

Personally i have an 888 and i think its the best thing since sliced bread. But its gonna cost ya more bc you have to buy the fork and the lowering kit.

Also you may be able to find a used dorado for 700 bux on mtbr or here. For someone who is 150 lbs it would prolly feel great