Quantcast

Where do I rent a DH bike in Whistler?

MTBDH-BMX

Chimp
Aug 8, 2002
Littleton, Colorado
:help: I will be in a Whistler in about a week and I am not bringing my bike. I will need to rent a bike for a couple of days. Any thoughts on where to rent a bike for a 6'2" 225lb. rider. I am not rough on equipment but want something that will hold up. Thanks! :D

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
El_Chimichanga said:
Go to Evolution bike shop.
They have a Demo 9 and a C-dale gemini for rent for the same price as the chitty Konas...
so how was your trip bro? are you back?

Sorry I didn't get a chance to hang/ride with you peeps!! :(

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
El_Chimichanga said:
Go to Evolution bike shop.
They have a Demo 9 and a C-dale gemini for rent for the same price as the chitty Konas...
Chitty Konas? Haha... apparently you didn't ride one. I spent 2 days on a sweet Stab Garbanzo SE, with an 888 fork, Deemax wheels, SRAM X9 trigger and derailleur, E13 guide, Raceface Diabolus stem/bars/cranks. That bike kicked ass and never had a problem. What the hell good is a Demo 9 anyway? Hucking an extra 5 pounds over the 40+ tabletops on A-line... yeah that sounds great :rolleyes:

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
I agree, the Konas up there are damn nice bikes, well maintained, etc... Should be perfect for you.

Dave

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Echo said:
Oh I didn't count, that's just what I heard. All I know is there are a lot of them. Do you know the exact number?
I'm an idiot. I thought you meant 40 foot tables not 40 as in quantity. And yeah like most people I was too busy thinking about what apendage I was going to remove from my bike or how flat I was going to get my bike on the next jump to actually count them. Sorry bout that.

May 3, 2004
Sanna Croooz
Acadian said:
so how was your trip bro? are you back?

Sorry I didn't get a chance to hang/ride with you peeps!! :(
To Acadian:

My trip was awesome! It was good to get some high speed action in at Whistler, even if it was the final resting place of my 5th element...

"Progressive 5th Element...you served me well in North Vancouver, but could not survive the wrath of destructive forces wrought apon you from the drop on Schleyer. Especially when you are leaking air, a-a-a-nd you bottom out REALLY hard. You will be missed by all of us"

My trip was also a lot more expensive than I wanted it to be. Beer prices up there are outrageous. It actually was cheaper to go and buy a bottle of rum and some coke and get liqured up on that first, then go out on the town to buy beer. Usually it goes the other way around. Mike was always trying to get into fights with people when he was drunk, but he had a really tough time of it. Like, he got one guy to throw him on the ground and hit him in the head, but that was it. He heckled the guy afterward, following him down the street, and the dude just walked away. People in Canadia are too nice. You can't even get them mad! I think I'll have to stop feeding that guy teh "fire-water". He gets really annoying.
911 blew up his shock about 5 minutes after I blew up mine, but his was even uglier. My shock simply stopped working, 911's puked oil everywhere.
I think in the heat of battle it went something like this:

Fox RC: "Guys, I'm gonna take point."
Us: "OK dude, let us know if you see anything."
*Huge Explosion*
Fox RC: "Bluurrghghhghg!"

"911's Fox RC...you will be missed as well. It's too bad we couldn't have an open casket because your death was far too grisly."

To other people:

I mentioned that dude go to Evolution bike shop 'cause they were WAY cooler to me than any other shop in all of whistler. (And trust me when I say any other bike shop. I checked them all.) Above and beyond the call of duty, I mean, seriously cool-cool people. They were going to sell me or rent me one of thier shocks off of the rental fleet, but they were the wrong stroke length. Plus I got to meet Gareth Dyer when I stopped by and he showed me his new Deutche-Uber bike. pretty cool stuff.

I said the Konas were chitty only 'cause my friend rode a Kona all last year and from his experience we all decided we would rather spend our money on other bikes. So, if you have a chitty suspension, but wicked good components, you still have a chitty bike. Just my opinion, so let's not get into this okay?

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
kidwoo said:
40? Is there another A-line that I didn't see?

Thats what they advertise. 40 Plus tables and berms (I think he forgot the berms part)

If I were a tourist I would rent the Kona, then walk 100 ft to summit and rent banshee then walk 100yards to evolution and rent the demo9...hmmm 3 days of heaven :)