Quantcast

when are the 2004 mono santa cruz v10's comming ou?

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
I saw these and didn't think they were all that ugly. Just wondering when they were set as far as a release date. Any more info on them? Santa Cruz's website isn't too helpfull with this.

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
Vail CO
They'll probably be an '05 model. If all goes well with the team bikes I'd expect to see them start taking pre-orders after interbike, or sometime later this fall.

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
El Santo said:
...says the man who is still waiting for his new v10 as he madly scrounges to piece together his old stinky before heading north...
Yeah, no chit. Still waiting for some parts before the Stinky gets re-assembled. I'll just say this...I bought a refundable plane ticket... :(

El Santo

Chimp
Apr 14, 2002
the 'burbs of SF
El Jefe said:
...I'll just say this...I bought a refundable plane ticket... :(
WTF?! Are you seriously considering not going b/c of your bike? What parts are you missing? I thought you lived at Turner central- you could have 3 bikes' worth of parts if you just searched between the cushions of your couch!

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
El Santo said:
WTF?! Are you seriously considering not going b/c of your bike? What parts are you missing? I thought you lived at Turner central- you could have 3 bikes' worth of parts if you just searched between the cushions of your couch!
Yeah, actually, it's more than crossed my mind.

1.) I really want the V10 for this trip
1a) there are some other things un-related to biking but are not in and of themselves trip killers...just obstacles.
2.) The Stinky will no longer be 6.5" x 7", it will be 5" x 5" or 5.6" x 5", more on that in a second. I could put my new Boxxer World Cup on it, but I really don't want to run less than 6" of rear travel in BC.
3.) The Stinky isn't near ready to be built yet. It's not bike build parts I need, we have probably 4 bikes worth of extra parts. It's pivot and bearing crap, and the shock needs to be PUSHED. I guess the release of the Coiler must have soaked up all the 01 /02 Stinky pivot kits (same frame, new name), but I have one on order. After the kit gets here, I have to build it and take it over to Darren at PUSH. Since I have 2 shocks, a 2.0" stroke stock one and an aftermarket 2.25" stroke shock, Darren won't PUSH the 2.25" stroke one for me until he does data acquisition, or at least some bouncing around on it to check out suspension characteristics...he won't build me a sub-standard shock.
4.) I hated the C-note I rode as a loaner bike so badly that I won't ride it even for local shuttles, let alone a hardcore BC trip
5.)This trip is about fun. If I don't have my V10, I may not be going, because otherwise, it won't be fun.
6)Nothing is set in stone, and worst case, I pay my portion of the hotels to you guys and you all get drunk for me in BC.