Quantcast

What's broken on my Reverb post?

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Picked up a new (used) trail bike with a Reverb stealth post, it functions fine if you push on the nose of the saddle, but it absolutely will not budge if you're sitting on the seat normally. There does seem to be a slight difference in angle between the main post and the telescoping part, leading me to believe there's a worn bushing or two, but before I buy a rebuild kit and tear it all apart, is there anything else I should check?

I know for a fact it needs a bleed as it squishes a little, but could that be the cause of failure on the failure to drop?

It's also on a VPP bike, is this just part of VPP's unridablity?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
on/off topic ...

Are these things easily user-serviceable? My reverb is a few years old now and needs to be bled frequently (1-2 month) where I didn't touch the thing for the first 18 months or I that I owned it. I'd always opt to fix it myself if it's not rocket surgery.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Just in case, check to make sure your seat post clamp is not too tight. Reverbs can bind pretty easily that way.

Otherwise, I'd personally just send it back for service, which will often just get you a new one.