Quantcast

What pressure to run my tires at?

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Lots of baby powder, Maxxis Ultra Lite tubes, and 32 front and 37 back. I average 1 flat a year and ride all BC resorts... but I weigh 180.

duplex

Chimp
Jan 27, 2010
24 front 26 rear minions DHF front and rear, ex721 rims, 180lbs w/o gear, specialized XC tubes and never popped a tube, ever. I ride socal rocky and technical tracks. my rear has 2 dents.. If I run 26/28 I lose a lot of confidence

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Says the guy genuinely upset by people wearing sunglasses with a fullface.

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
You barely weigh more in lbs,than your high psi mark.:D
Point and how is this relevant to this thread? Borderline rude if you ask me.

I bet he occasionally rides with an XC lid and goggles making him even lighter...How'd you like that ? Is that an irritating image for you ?

SCARY

Not long enough
Point and how is this relevant to this thread? Borderline rude if you ask me.

I bet he occasionally rides with an XC lid and goggles making him even lighter...How'd you like that ? Is that an irritating image for you ?
It's relevant because he's so much lighter,he can use alot less pressure.It was really that hard to figure out?
And yes,I'm distraught and trembling over the thought of goggles and an xc lid.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Also, use a pressure gage that is worth a crap. Most gages on bike pumps are only semi-useful with regards to precision (ie 10 psi increments) and accuracy (it says 25, but its really 28).

The pump I have came with a gage that went to 260 psi for some reason; that thing was removed and replaced with a 0-60 psi gage with 1 psi increments from McMaster for about $12. Most pumps I've seen have a 1/8 NPT thread, which is very easy to find a replacement for.

Fwiw, my starting point is 24f/27r with a 2.5 Muddy Mary FR front and 2.35 Wicked Will DH tubeless, and I'm 175 lbs.

SCARY

Not long enough
what if the goggle strap is on the head, UNDER the helmet? would that make it better?
No,I won't make it any better.But,I do appreciate you trying to figure out how it make it work.

But,that type of out of the box thinking also has come up with"goggles + xc lid" in the first place.It's commendable,but leave some stuff for the French.They can do all the ghey,stupid stuff and get away with it because of their frenchyness and no one can or should expect anything else.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
It's relevant because he's so much lighter,he can use alot less pressure.It was really that hard to figure out?
And yes,I'm distraught and trembling over the thought of goggles and an xc lid.
well, i´d have to agree xc helmet+goggles do look retarded.... but when you start doing 10000+ vertical ft rides, or long enduro-dh kinda rides, that combo rocks.

i tried my fox flux + scott goggles, and it was awesome...

SCARY

Not long enough
Also, use a pressure gage that is worth a crap. Most gages on bike pumps are only semi-useful with regards to precision (ie 10 psi increments) and accuracy (it says 25, but its really 28).

The pump I have came with a gage that went to 260 psi for some reason; that thing was removed and replaced with a 0-60 psi gage with 1 psi increments from McMaster for about $12. Most pumps I've seen have a 1/8 NPT thread, which is very easy to find a replacement for.

Fwiw, my starting point is 24f/27r with a 2.5 Muddy Mary FR front and 2.35 Wicked Will DH tubeless, and I'm 175 lbs.
And get two of them to occasionally check them against eachother.They do go out.You can't trust them.Just like Hacktastic.He's shifty.