Quantcast

what knee/shin pads

here we go,

I broke my shin bone back in may and the healing has gone well, should be out walking again in a month's time, looking ahead to when il be getting back off road Im going to need shin pads as there's a bit of bone sticking out at the break site about half way down the shin and I don't fancy getting a pedal strike on it!

I have the big 661 comp (the big white ones) for DH use but for the small bike I'm looking at replacing my 661 evo knee pads for the small bike/pedalling use

Im looking at the troy lee KG5450 or the race face flank D3o, what should I go for and is there other decent lightweight options out there

Attachments

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
The Race face ambush pads I have are very comfy and easy to pedal with. I imagine the flank will be similar since they're the same pad. I haven't had a big impact on them.... yet. So I can't tell you how they protect but I suspect you're going to feel it!

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
I've been quite happy with the Nukeproof full length pads.
Hard shell shin with decent padding beneath.
No too pricey either.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
I give my One Industries Conflicts 3.27 out of 5 stars for trail riding, 4.7/5 for DH and 5.6/5 for looking Enduro as fvck while riding up fire-roads with a full face strapped to your Camelback.

They're really comfortable to crash in, so that's a plus, but they're a bit annoying to pedal in and could stand to have a lot more ventilation on the back side. Lots of elastic material that doesn't breath worth a sh1t and could be replaced with lycra that would bot breath better and annoy me less while pedaling.