Quantcast

What kind of injuries have you had in mountain biking? - product design project

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I have a hole in my sternum, damaged rotators in each shoulder, broken each wrist more times than I can count, two non union seperated ribs, broke the right knee, fingers who knows how many times, left elbow broken, hyper extended both knee's multiple times....... So far never have I had to be reasebmled though

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Who gets injured in this sport with all the protective gear already available? Just knot up your skirt so it doesn't get caught in the chain and pedal.
Hey now, the hole in my sternum matches up perfectly with the topcap on my stem, an so happens to match perfectly with the hole in the chest plate on my armor........

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
No, seriously. Bighitr started a thread talking about how he'd seen some guy who was hurt on the side of the trail and then left him there. Turned out the hurt guy was mattmatt, and he almost died.
I remember that...

Quite a thread...

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
No, seriously. Bighitr started a thread talking about how he'd seen some guy who was hurt on the side of the trail and then left him there. Turned out the hurt guy was mattmatt, and he almost died.
Srsly?! How could I have missed that one?

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Deleted rather quickly. Apparently my buddy that spent 6 hours in the hospital with me and drove me around in scrubs all drugged up to find a pharmacy chimed in later that night after he dropped me off at home. I passed out when as soon as I got in bed so I never got to see it before it got deleted. He called me the next morning to fill me in on the hilarity.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Deleted rather quickly. Apparently my buddy that spent 6 hours in the hospital with me and drove me around in scrubs all drugged up to find a pharmacy chimed in later that night after he dropped me off at home. I passed out when as soon as I got in bed so I never got to see it before it got deleted. He called me the next morning to fill me in on the hilarity.

Apparently you were being quite inconsiderate by just laying on the trail bleeding instead of getting out of BigHitr's way.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
I remember that...

Quite a thread...
That thread was something else...... We had already slammed Hitr for it WAY before we knew it was a monkey he left behind....... Man someone restore that thread.... Just for a little while...

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
He was wearing knicks, maybe he was embarrassed to hang with a dude in Lycra?