Quantcast

What is Trails?

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?
^ ^ ^ Damn! I'm so jealous of the possibilities coming off of that huge landing on a huge jump... so much speed.
I think I have actually been to that jump. This looks like the old days of the snakepit trails. There is actually a berm to a 40 foot semi long and low to another berm to a huge 3 pack ending in a 25ft hip with a 7 foot lip.

Oh didn't see salty 4x comment. I stand corrected. But I know a similar spot.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
^ ^ ^ Damn! I'm so jealous of the possibilities coming off of that huge landing on a huge jump... so much speed.
Reminds me a lot of a set at Bridge trails. I never hit it but people were hauling a$s after landing it. That one in the pic looks even taller and burlier.

Salty4X

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
what is trails? Trails is building your own shyt and then posting pics of YOUR work to foster stokage on building. what is not trails? ripping pictures from every forum or site on the intraweebs of spots you'll never go to, couldn't ride, and aren't welcome. sorry about the rant, that is just how it is.

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
what is trails? Trails is building your own shyt and then posting pics of YOUR work to foster stokage on building. what is not trails? ripping pictures from every forum or site on the intraweebs of spots you'll never go to, couldn't ride, and aren't welcome. sorry about the rant, that is just how it is.
What is reading the first post? Thats when you read the first post and see what the whole thread is about. What is not reading the first post? Thats when you show up and post something, without reading the first post.

Salty4X

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
Nice, I read the first post when it was first put on. first, first-f-f-first first first. Knowing the word sometimes and it's definition in the first post could come in handy, as in: not always.

scag

Monkey
Nov 19, 2004
Settle down dude....whats the difference...I could post pics of my own work, where you'll never go to, couldnt ride, and won't be welcome....so again..whats the difference?

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
why the salty balls, salty? you're the one in austin tx actually able to ride some dirt. some of us here in the northeast do not have that privilege during the winter. this thread is amazing and gets me pumped for the spring. i'll keep checking all the blogs for rad trail pics and post em up. you can tell all your buds we're stealing pics from their sites.

Salty4X

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
...and I encourage you to. that is my point, I'd like to post up photo's of work I've done before before I see it on this site.

and I can tell your real proud of the northeast, what with your ninth street profile pic

Last edited:

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
yeah i respect those dudes and the community they built. whats wrong with that? are the pics taken off your site? if so than i wont link from that site anymore...

crkt

Monkey
Nov 5, 2008
In the woods
you gotta chill out already man trails doesnt have sh!t to do with posting pictures... if you dont know how the internet works, anything I can get my grubby little hands on is public domain and if you dont want pictures of your trails in this montage then make sure I dont see them because i have got one mean copy/paste

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
The way I see it, once a photo hits the interwebz it's free game for everyone. That's like an unwritten condition of posting stuff on the net. If you'd like to be the first to post it somewhere, get after it.

Sadly, "trails is" like a bad high school drama sometimes - chains, arguments, and hurt feelers. Keep your stuff on lock if you don't want it seen worldwide. That's the way it is. Personally, I'd dig the extra exposure of all the hard work I put in. :thumb:

As always, it's good to include photog credits, if they're available - after all, many of these stellar photos are someone's livelihood. If you're the one snapping pics and want to ensure cred, put a watermark on your pics.

Flat tyres

Monkey
May 30, 2007
Hey sittingduck, what does the sign say in front of the rollers? I can only guess its: "Please dont wreck this masterpiece."

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Saltyballs, do you ride, or just tell us how nobody here rides or digs?

PS MY trails, like the ones i dont dig

o ya, self dug