Quantcast

What HAVENT you broken

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
I was just thinking tht other night, the only bike parts i have never broken are a stem, front hub or brakes (ive broken plenty of levers, but never a disc, caliper or canti) i guess ive never "broken" a tire, but worn plenty out. also never broken a bone

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
hmmmm...good post....

Oh, does 'broken stuff' also include warping or bending something beyond use?

Never broken:

-stem
-front hub
-seat
-bones
-a bike frame
-pedals
-bottom brackets
-disc brake calipers

Everything else I've pretty much broken or warped or stripped or blown.

crashing_sux

Monkey
Jul 17, 2002
Vancouver, WA
Wow, now I'm starting to feel like I'm hard on parts.

I've never broken a disc brake caliper, front hub, or seat post clamp. Everything else has croaked at one time or another.

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
the things i have not broken:
stem
lock on jaws
disc rotor (unless you call warped broken)
vee brakes or other non disc brakes sans U brakes (once an arm snapped)
i have busted disc calipers tho. mech. ones mainly

RaID

Turbo Monkey
hmmm
stem
front hub
handlebar (obviously never clipped or hit anything hard enough)
BB (bent pedals and cranks but the BB have always survived)
Brake callipers (ie Vs and Hydraulic)
front derailer

hmmm and im not that hard on parts :rolleyes:

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
Interesting post! I've never broken a whole bike minus a rear rim and rear derailleur, but I tend to overbuild my bikes a little. And ride like a wuss! :D :help:

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
I like this thread, I've broken lots of stuff.
A broken stem is the worst! :dead: I landed off a jump and fell over the front of the bike, but still had a hold of the bars. I didn't know what was going on, thought for a split second that I had broken both wrists. Crashing like that and still having a firm grip on the bars, try to imagine that. :(

Another time jumping into some rolling bumps, one side of the bars broke off as I held the grip. Smashed my face straight into the ground still holding the broken off grip.

Anyone ever have a a rear shock shaft come out of the shock body over a jump? You hear a weird sound then it's "uh oh" CRRAAAMMM!!!!!

Breaking pedal spindles off really sucks, smashed balls. :(
Same for crank arms and BB spindles.

I broke the drive pin off my profiles at the start of a bmx race. Over the bars lickety split!

Most of this stuff was years ago before there was good stuff available. Now I hardly ever break stuff.

cali4niabiker

Monkey
Jun 29, 2004
ATLANTA, GA
Hmm... never broken a frame (I'm a lightweight @ 150 #s), front hub, stem, handlebar, and myself (do no broken bones count?) :D Everything else... I've sent to the dumpster or lying in the dirt along the trail waiting to be found by an expert *bike* archaeologist a couple years from now. :blah:

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
I'm not gonna post what I haven't broken. It's one of those things ya know; if you say something has not broken, it's bound to happen to you now. All of you in danger now. Beware! :p :p

RaID

Turbo Monkey
TWISTED said:
I like this thread, I've broken lots of stuff.
A broken stem is the worst! :dead: I landed off a jump and fell over the front of the bike, but still had a hold of the bars. I didn't know what was going on, thought for a split second that I had broken both wrists. Crashing like that and still having a firm grip on the bars, try to imagine that. :(

Another time jumping into some rolling bumps, one side of the bars broke off as I held the grip. Smashed my face straight into the ground still holding the broken off grip.

Anyone ever have a a rear shock shaft come out of the shock body over a jump? You hear a weird sound then it's "uh oh" CRRAAAMMM!!!!!

Breaking pedal spindles off really sucks, smashed balls. :(
Same for crank arms and BB spindles.

I broke the drive pin off my profiles at the start of a bmx race. Over the bars lickety split!

Most of this stuff was years ago before there was good stuff available. Now I hardly ever break stuff.

:nope: Read the title!!!

dromond

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Northampton, MA
hmmm....

stem
bars
derailleurs (dunno how those remain safe)
seatpost
cranks or bottom brackets
never torn a tire sidewall

If only I had such luck with frames and forks. I mean seriously I had the same bars, cranks and bb on like three frames that cracked!

Yanick

Chimp
Sep 11, 2001
Laval, Qc.
I feel bad to have broken a stem when so many others havent. :blah:

I havent broken
a hubs, a cassette
a disk or caliper,
bars
a cable housing :rolleyes:
and... that`s pretty much it

until yersterday, I havent broke a BB, but it's done now