Quantcast

What good are you doing this holiday season?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You never really need to post about anything though.

Just interested in what/if anybody goes out of their way to make someone's day.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
i'm continuing my long standing hatred of christmas music
I'm all with you there. I worked at a Hallmark Cards in HS and when home for the holidays through college. That and smelly candles make me want to kill myself.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I gave a dollar the other day so they'd stop ringing that goddamn bell. I also gave a 20-spot to the Sandy relief.

Last edited:

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
i'm continuing my long standing hatred of christmas music
:stupid:

Although this year is the first year in a very long time that I'm not 100% grinch. It's amazing what having a baby will do to your xmas spirit. I'm almost a little excited for xmas day :shocked:

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
The local grocery store, King Soopers, has these Christmas trees with cards from seniors where they request things. They have no family left, or none that visit them, so no one gets them presents. Some of it really made me realize I take things for granted, even friends and family. They want stuff like Pepsi, candy, colored markers, etc. Just basic things that the retirement home doesn't provide but they have no one to get for them.

It reminded me somewhat of when 2 of my best friends were over in Iraq (and then again in Afghanistan); I sent them cigars, snacks, snowboard/bike movies and even just pictures of day to day things over here. I took a picture during rush hour traffic when I was at a standstill and said "at least you don't have to deal with this sh!t"; they said it was strangely hilarious missing rush hour from a desert.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
King Soopers
i once went into a king soopers at 2:30 in the morning after unsuccessfully trying to shave three years worth of growth off my face with one razor....

i miss all night supermarkets.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Doing what I can to make someone who has less than I do happy for the holiday.

And making bacon for my dogs.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
On Friday there is a charity ride in NZ called the longest day.
It's for Arthritis NZ.
The longest day of the year in the southern hemisphere is at the end of this week.
at the official dawn (approx 5:48am) you get on your bike and ride.
You ride where ever you want and what ever speed you want, and can stop for as many cafe/meal breaks as you need but you don't finish the ride until official sunset (9:10pm roughly).

http://www.mfla.org.nz/longest-day-ride/

So as I'm going to be stuck at my bike shop all day, to support the riders all morning I will be doing free coffees and muffins for any participants that ride past the shop, and from lunchtime onwards I will be cranking up the BBQ and handing out craft beer.