Quantcast

what decent looking skate style SPD shoes are there?

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Was gonna buy a new pair of 661 Launch, but it seems they were discontinued years ago, 661 do filters which look really similar but there are no 2013 Black with white accent pairs left anywhere in my size, only the 2014 ones with Enduro blue accents and soles

Just noticed these, at around 50sec in

http://www.vitalmtb.com/videos/features/Aaron-Gwin-and-the-New-HT-X1-Clipless-Pedal,26857/sspomer,2

seem to be Giro Chambers, anybody got these? or even better can anyone compare them to the old 661s which I loved.

also, any recommendations on something else fairly plain to look for?

Already have AM45s but I see 5:10 and O'neal now do fairly normal looking SPD shoes

Ta.

Last edited:

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
The new Specialized Flat Out looks good. No idea how they fit or perform; but who cares, we're talking about looks here.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
decent 'looking'?

I used to have these 5.10 Hellcat spd shoes ...

Well made, comfy, good fit, but ultimately like all my adventures in clipping in, I went back to platforms and sold these to Stoney.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Had to google the Spesh flat-out, yeah, they'd def do

Yeah, those are SURPRISINGLY good looking nick..

Warners would be perfect but I'm pretty sure the cleat slots don't go far enough rearwards for my preferred cleat position.. maybe they could be butchered tho.. I dunno?

hmmm.. gotta try finding a local shop with stock of any of these

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
I have 5.10 Ravens(They come in black also):

After my Shimano AM45s self-destructed, I picked these up on sale. Comfortable, inner ankle protection(why i got these over the minaars/hellcats), no complaints so far. No signs of the spd mount seperating from the sole like my old am45s. I think they're on sale online for pretty cheap also.

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
Im wearing the Teva links..think you can still get them even though they are discontinued..

I didnt like them the first time I wore them as I was used to more XC style shoes but I tried them again and now Im digging them...nice and light and they breath nicely..Next time Id try the Vans but they look like they would be hot but Im pedaling to the top