Quantcast

What are you listening to!?!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
dad rock....wilco's excursion in brevity....

more enjoyable than their last two efforts.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Anyone else use Spotify? I've listened to a lot of their playlists but really want something ...uh... different. They all seem to be very poppy, or very indie. Anyone have suggestions for playlists that they enjoy?

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Anyone else use Spotify? I've listened to a lot of their playlists but really want something ...uh... different. They all seem to be very poppy, or very indie. Anyone have suggestions for playlists that they enjoy?
If you're using Spotify on your computer then you can make up your own playlists (that's what I do at home).

Not sure how that works though if you're using the app on a phone though.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
I do make my own playlists... but now I've been listening to mine and several spotify ones to the point where I'm sick of all THOSE songs. Been sorting through the discover section, but this requires time... just hoping to find something different. Maybe more on the Dirty Heads style of things.

Repack Rider

Monkey
Oct 8, 2007
Marin County, California
Forty-plus years ago I was the sound man in sleazy, drug invested dive of a night club. Because it was located in Marin County the club was the center of a thriving scene fueled by all famous musicians in the area. My friend Mike Finnigan was the front half of Finnigan and Woods, who played there a lot. Mike went on to be the side man to the stars, playing with Dave Mason, Crosby Stills and Nash, Joe Cocker, Hendrix, Bonnie Raitt, you name them, this guy was on the recording.

When you think of Dylan covers, Hendrix's "Watchtower" is generally considered the most rockin' cover of a Dylan tune. Not true. This 43-year-old recording is the most blistering, savage treatment of a Dylan tune ever, from the album "Crazed Hipsters."