4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
That HAS to be a joke! It just gets funnier the more you look at it

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
Wow! The Kona is even weirder and has an equally unusual fork. It also seems to have longer than stock stanchions.

I've invited him to join this discussion and tell us about his bikes. Please be nice enough that he sticks around and fills us in. Weird and kooky for sure but I'm straight up curious what lead him to do the extra chain on the Kona and how the hell he built those forks.

kidwithbike

Monkey
Apr 16, 2007
Hoboken, NJ
They are all works of art! show some respect. :no::stosh:

The "gaint" acid (what this guy is probably on) has some mind boggling attributes.

radially laced internal gear hub,
left side shifter
no fvcking idea whats going on with the floater!?! drum brake?
drilled cranks
lay-forward seat post so its impossible to ever sit down.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
I really want to ride that thing since I think there was never a bike designed to pedal so bad as this one.
Take a look at the new Morpheus carbon DH proto, or anything under the Wheeler brand. They a re surely in love with concentric BBs and claim they are Da Sh*t.... Oh, and you'll have to take into account those things are actually BEING SOLD by grown up companies, and not the offspring of a long, lonely winter night, a good toolbox and too many beers as we could think about the Kona and the Orange ones...

Last edited:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Take a look at the new Morpheus carbon DH proto, or anything under the Wheeler brand. They a re surely in love with concentric BBs and claim they are Da Sh*t.... Oh, and you'll have to take into account those things are actually BEING SOLD by grown up companies, and not the offspring of a long, lonely winter night, a good toolbox and too many beers as we could think about the Kona and the Orange ones...
Morpheus will pedal better than this monstrosity as surprising as it may sound. Also Morpheus was designed for aerodynamics so you loose like a bazzilion of seconds every run ;)

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
spectacular!

That fork is death-defying!

He obviously takes a lot of time- i mean, the derailleur cages are painted! I'm thinking this guy is an artist and we're the butt of his joke.

He's definitely got an eye for what a 10 year old would like to see in a bike.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Morpheus will pedal better than this monstrosity as surprising as it may sound. Also Morpheus was designed for aerodynamics so you loose like a bazzilion of seconds every run ;)
I get your point. So if I buy a Morpheus and then cover it with stickers just like these beasts, I could beat Hill, Peatty, Gwinn or any other Top Ten DHer with my hands tied my back!!!!

Philliam

Chimp
Jan 16, 2012
If anyone was looking to start a freak show bike museum, I give you exhibit A, B and C.

Reminds me of the time Homer Simpson designed "The Car Built for Homer."

It's a cartoon, but it really happened.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
if those bikes were children, they'd have been removed from this mans care a long time ago

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
the calliper is there, it's just not mounted to the fork. The bike decides when it wants to slow down and simply throws the calliper into the spokes. Saves a bunch of rotational weight too as you don't need a disk

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I get your point. So if I buy a Morpheus and then cover it with stickers just like these beasts, I could beat Hill, Peatty, Gwinn or any other Top Ten DHer with my hands tied my back!!!!
Stickers are not aerodynamic so no they wouldn't be. Also they could counteract the super duper special secret damper settings that allow it to pedal well.