Quantcast

Watching the Douche'ography of Shawn Palmer right now.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Years ago I dated a girl who grew up in south Lake Tahoe. She knew Sean Palmer. She said he was the single biggest douche bag on the planet. And this chick came from all the party places in Lake Tahoe, lived in NYC for awhile, and later was a bartender in Oakland, so she had a pretty comprehensive rating scale for douche bags.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Years ago I dated a girl who grew up in south Lake Tahoe. She knew Sean Palmer. She said he was the single biggest douche bag on the planet. And this chick came from all the party places in Lake Tahoe, lived in NYC for awhile, and later was a bartender in Oakland, so she had a pretty comprehensive rating scale for douche bags.
Tells you how boring downhill mountain biking is and was.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Edit: Palmernauts are a touchy bunch.

Last edited:

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
I will never understand why people think that just because an athlete is sucessful that they also have to be a role model.

KNow why SP was possibly a jerk/ douche/ whatever? Cause **** you, hes Shawn Palmer thats why.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I will never understand why people think that just because an athlete is sucessful that they also have to be a role model.

KNow why SP was possibly a jerk/ douche/ whatever? Cause **** you, hes Shawn Palmer thats why.
People want the same success and figure they need to copy the whole package to get it. Plus for some it justifies hedonism and being an arrogant prick.

Still a role model:

SCARY

Not long enough
It's just human nature.You're in that kind of place,you're in the role model spot,like it or not,want it or not.
It's the same reason 1/2 the guys in basketball are covered in tats or every football team has 2 black guys with long with dreads.

It's why I'm inside Aaron Gwins house right now,looking through his refrigerator to make a list of what he eats....ooh!.....velveeta Mac and cheese!!I have that!

was?

Monkey
Mar 9, 2010
Dresden, Germany
I don't think that aaron would be particularly fond of you, maybe you'd get a pass, if you'd be able to pretend to be his imbecile flatmate, which you couldn't.
too fast for the left lane, too slow for the right...
no malignity intended, i'm just assessing.

what was it you were trying to say?

SCARY

Not long enough
Yeah,no....really...I don't fee maligned at all.Really.

I'm done explaining myself.If you don't get it the first time,I'm not helping you or me by expounding on it.Lesson learned.

The German comedy clubs must be a hoot and a half,though.

SinatorJ

Monkey
Jul 9, 2002
AZ
You're takin short cuts now,Doug.

Plus,anything JP says can be nullified by a bald joke or one about about arranging a rendezvous with his hot wife.

It knocks him off his game.
yea I was going to stay out but I couldn't help it. Larry is still bummed nico left the scene that piled on the fact it was 116 in the valley monday and you will get a whiner of a thread. Btw bon hates whiners.