Quantcast

Wanted: camera

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
United airlines lost all of my camera gear. All of it.

In the market for a Nikon body and a lens or two.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ouch. Getting properly reimbursed for it? Something tells me it wasn't "lost". I always haul my goodies in my carry-on.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I always haul my goodies in my carry-on.
Me too.

I was late running to catch the connector plane after going through customs in Chicago. I had a drum in a soft bag (can't check it) and my Pelican carry-on size case for the camera gear.

They said the plane's on board luggage storage was too full and I had to gate check it, or I couldn't get on the plane. So I reluctantly gate checked it.

I got to my seat and there were 3 empty bins above me.

Then they stopped the plane for 30 minutes after just backing away from the gate, then pulled back to the gate because of a mechanical problem.

Everyone had to get off the plane, and then the flight was canceled.

Meanwhile they loaded everyone's bags on a different plane and it took off. We all spent the night in Chicago with no luggage.

After I got home the next morning my big suitcase that I'd checked at the front ticket desk was waiting for me, but the camera case was not. The last trace of it they have was the scan at the gate in Chicago.

I've gotten a different story every time I call. I went back to the airport yesterday cause one guy on the phone said it WAS scanned at SFO. But when I got there they had no sign of it.

Thieves. All of them.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
GONE:

1 Pelican 1514 case with padded dividers
1 Pelican 1519 lid organizer
1 Nikon D7000 camera body
2 PNY Professional Series 16GB SDHC memory cards (in camera)
1 PNY Professional Series 8GB SDHC memory card (spare)
1 Op-tech Classic camera strap
1 Nikon MB-D11 Battery Grip
2 Nikon EN-EL15 batteries (1 in camera, 1 in battery grip)
1 AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G lens
1 AF-S DX Zoom-NIKKOR 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G IF-ED lens
1 AF Zoom-NIKKOR 80-200mm f/2.8D ED lens
1 Tokina 24mm f/2.8 MF lens
1 Nikon SB-28 Speedlight
1 Rode Stereo Video Mic
1 Manfrotto Super Clamp
1 Manfrotto Double Ball Joint Head
1 Nikon ML-L3 IR remote
1 zipper pouch
1 15’ PC to PC sync cable
1 hot shoe mount PC sync port connector
2 Rolls Ilford Delta Professional ISO 400 speed b/w film (new, unexposed)
1 Timbuk2 “Pork Chop” accessory bag
1 MSI A6200-206US notebook computer with upgraded 8GB Crucial RAM
1 Neoprene notebook computer sleeve
1 Set of 4 Eneloop AAA batteries
2 Sets of 4 Eneloop AA batteries
1 LED Flashlight
1 Set of keys including 1 brand new Subaru car key/remote
1 Samsung micro USB AC cell phone charger

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
I have that Nikon 28-70mm f2.8 with a free quantaray 77mm circular polarizer, that I can sell for $950.

VERY sorry to hear that you got screwed. My camera gear always comes as a carry on, and will never be checked. I trust no one.

rufusphotography@mac.com

Please tell me you have camera insurance though??? Mine is through my renters insurance on a policy all by itself.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Sucks. Odds of having **** go missing when traveling through NYC or Chicago are much higher than other layovers. At least you can feel better over the fact that you do not live in those ****-holes.

Must be disconcerting to think some thief is probably jerking off to your boudoir photographs of Narlus as we speak.

Last edited:

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Super sorry to hear about that. That must be heartbreaking. Are they giving you any compensation whatsoever?

And I just read a story this morning on Fstoppers about how US airways misplaced a laptop (and wont reimburse for it either) after giving the same, "plane is full, we will check your bag at the gate" kind of story.