Quantcast

>>Walrus Retardment Day GMT<<

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
John is winning this one, hands down....or maybe up?

Had to purchase some new dress shoes for work last night, due to my other ones breaking. I really hate buying new shoes sooooooooooo much. Those first few weeks in stiff new shoes are always a cramp for my crappy wide feet. And these new shoes have a sole much too stiff for using the clutch. No bueno.

Field trip to the head office this afternoon for a get together with the local IT folk. Free lunch and most important, a shorter commute home once it is done. :happydance:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I would like to commend JBP on being retarded and able to function high enough to have successfully engaged in a career in IT. Honestly I never picked up on it. This explains why I haven't been given access to the courtesy phone. I am so sorry. Congrats on your retirement my friend....

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Someone left a floater in the office crapper this morning. I want to understand the thought process involved here. Does anyone have an explanation for not flushing that down?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Someone left a floater in the office crapper this morning. I want to understand the thought process involved here. Does anyone have an explanation for not flushing that down?
some people don't stick around until the job is done.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Maybe it went all Jesus style and rose from the pipes after the culprit flushed? It is the season after all...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning.

Received a new seatpost for the road bike. I had a really nice carbon Speshy but the 20mm setback has been causing a bunch of fit issues lately. Picked up a used Thomson Masterpiece for a steal and it's lighter than most of the carbon posts I was looking at.

Sooooo, if anybody wants a sweet carbon 27.2 x 350mm x 20mm setback seatpost for your roadie .....

I would like to commend JBP on being retarded and able to function high enough to have successfully engaged in a career in IT. Honestly I never picked up on it. This explains why I haven't been given access to the courtesy phone. I am so sorry. Congrats on your retirement my friend....
Wull, the careen, rather than career, has gone from
  • paper boy
  • laborer
  • lawnmower repair
  • wire stranding machine operator
  • welder
  • truck driver
  • Ford assembly plant worker
  • harbor craft operator in Army
  • electromechanical technician
  • electrical engineer designing fuel gauging circuitry for space shuttle OMS and some nuclear reactor control stuff
  • manufacturing engineer for minicomputer power supplies and power management systems
  • researcher in power hybrid manufacturing technology
  • software developer
  • systems and network monitoring, support, and capacity management, and development of tool sets to do all that
  • crabby elder statesman not afraid to tell company owners when their ass is hanging out
And now I'm done. :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Perhaps they are just really proud of their work and wanted to show it off.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Congrats JBP!

Today I have:
  • Drinked coffee
  • Eated an egg sammich
  • Worked on things
  • Selled an XT front derailer
  • Laundered my race suit from the Baja 1000 (finally)
  • Congratulated JBP on being retarded.
Today I have yet to but will:
  • Ride Bikes
  • Drink Beer
  • Go Fvck You*

*unabashed Reeb Cycles reference.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Congrats JBP!

Forgot to charge my phone last night, slept to 11:00, woke just in time to call in to a meeting.

<-Slack ass mother fucker

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Congrats, jbp.

My flight in from San Diego arrived a touch after 1 am. Stupid inter-terminal train was napping, apparently. Between that and off-airport parking shuttle I didn't get back home until nearly 2:30. Today is off, at least, as my mostly legit travel day.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
  • paper boy
  • laborer
  • lawnmower repair
  • welder
  • truck driver
  • electrical engineer designing fuel gauging circuitry for space shuttle OMS and some nuclear reactor control stuff
  • manufacturing engineer for minicomputer power supplies and power management systems
  • software developer
  • systems and network monitoring, support, and capacity management, and development of tool sets to do all that
  • crabby elder statesman not afraid to tell company owners when their ass is hanging out
that's full life.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
  • paper boy
  • laborer
  • lawnmower repair
  • welder
  • truck driver
  • software developer
About 90% of the old-timers I worked with turned into hate filled fear mongering right wing nut jobs when they retired. including my dad. Don't accept the brown shirt at the retirement party.

About 90% of the old-timers I worked with turned into hate filled fear mongering right wing nut jobs when they retired. including my dad. Don't accept the brown shirt at the retirement party.
If anything as I age I seem to shift further left. My grandfather (John Punnett Peters, Jr.) was a victim of Joseph McCarthy and crew, so I grew up thinking that if I said the word communist the microphones in the wall would get me; I have progressively lost that fear.