Quantcast

Virginia Area Mud Hunnies?

K2Crazy

Chimp
May 4, 2005
Hello All,

A friend of ours lives in Virginia. She's here in the Seattle area all summer, but will be heading back in a few weeks. She's ridden a XC a few times and is a really aggressive, natural athlete. She needs some folks to ride with in the Virginia area. I'd put her at the bottom of 'intermediate'. She's very strong, but needs to get some bike fitness and more bike time under her belt. She'll get better really quick, but needs to ride with some folks that aren't ripping so fast that she can't keep up or at least stay with. :)

If you are from the area of know of anyone who is, let me know. She's willing to drive an hour or so on a weekend to be able to get out onto the trails. :) Thanks!
Susan
Seattle LUNA Chix - Seattle Chapter

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
Which part of Virginia?

I'm in Northern Virginia (DC Metro).
I'm not all that great, and it sounds as though she's better than me....so she might be bored.

Maybe get Captain Jack Sparrow's attention?

Is she looking to solely ride with women?
I know of some guys who are decent...

K2Crazy

Chimp
May 4, 2005
Not sure which part. I think she said she's about an hour from W. Virginia. :)

I don't thinks he's looking to ride only with women, just with a group that doesn't hammer the whole time and actually waits up if you can't keep up. :)

If you don't mind sharing contact info, I'd love to get her hooked up with you for a ride when she gets back there. :)

Thanks!
S

allieb

Chimp
Jul 1, 2002
NoVa
I'm in Northern Virginia as well and am always looking for other ladies to ride with when my husband is going on all-out rides with the guys. I'd put myself as intermediate, I've been riding for a while but am a big chicken on some things.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
There used to be a club called "Trailchicks" in NoVA. Not sure if their still around though, try running it through Google.

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
She could check out M.O.R.E. rides--they have different group rides at varying skill and strength levels.

This year I put an e.13 chainguide on my bike (I only have one bike) and disposed of my small chainring so I can focus on downhilling, so I'm not riding XC much... but I do go for occasional XC rides at Wakefield Park in Annandale, VA (northern VA) since the ground is pretty level.

She can PM me in the fall if she's up for something like a jaunt around Wakefield, though.

Wakefield also has a skateboard park (bikes can ride there too at specified times) if she's into that.

Riversmith

Chimp
Jun 7, 2005
If she's close to Snowshoe, that's where I am. I am always looking for girls to ride with. I'm just a beginner! Does she downhill at all?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
you ladies could always give me a call, i can get you in touch with people........

K2Crazy

Chimp
May 4, 2005
thanks you guys, absolutely fabulous information. I will get her hooked up with you. I am betting if she ended up with appropriate gear, BMX or DH bikes she would be all over both of those in addition to the XC. Thanks for the info!