Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

11 mile run this morning. Had to get up early to do it. Wife has parent/teacher conferences this week so it's just me and the woman-child today. Wife also tried to rip the drivers side door off the car by backing out of the garage with it still open. Fortunately the drywall gave way before the door did. Only damage to the car was the window pulled out of the tracks. Somehow it didn't break and I re-installed it last night. I love my wife, but sometimes......

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Gang interview today then am going to install the ARB bumper on my Tacoma. Wearing my lucky underwear to make sure all goes well.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I just let my leaves blow onto my neighbors fairway-perfect retirement lawn.

I prefer his hateful stares to blisters on my tender hands.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. I survived my private-practice-esque busy day at work yesterday. Today is more chill, especially this afternoon if the schedule holds to be true.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I just let my leaves blow onto my neighbors fairway-perfect retirement lawn.
Sadly I'm the one with the fairway perfect lawn. Well, not so much the quality of the lawn, but the fact all the leaves seem to blow all up all onto my shit.

Rather than spend multiple days raking, I'd rather spend 1/2 day blowing all the leaves into the woods behind my house, then using the balance of time saved doing other things like sitting in my underwear, drinking beer and getting laid. A solid $300 investment if you ask me.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Discussing lawns, oldmonkey.com :rofl:

My lady has a nice electric blower/vac that I use to keep my garage in order. It sucks pretty good all things considered.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Child #1 is having alternating nights of either barfing, or pooping (liquid style) after being put to bed this week. Quite weird. Acting normal all day, eats supper, plays, all normal, then, bedtime. Boom! Feel sorry for the little guy...

gastric reaction to the arrival of kid #2?

So. Much. Laundry...

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I actually have a lawn crew do my front yard each week to appease the neighbors and wifey. It's small change and they do a way better job than I would. My kids are white and therefore generally useless.

While our house is well maintained the neighbors (all of them, lol) hate that a hessian contractor lives amongst them.

They constantly bitch about the lettered truck, box trailer, stacks of ladders and pump jacks etc so I try and throw them a bone now and again.

These are the same type of assholes who bitch about the fishermen keeping their lobster pots stored on their property. Of course they don't have any issues storing their sailboats on their own property because they're status symbols.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Eight days straight of work, I am beat. Child is almost here and man and I starting to get the reality setting in now. Todays list of get dones, blood draw, vehicle registration, hep a b vaccination round two and handle health insurance goodies. Fun fun

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I actually have a lawn crew do my front yard each week to appease the neighbors and wifey. It's small change and they do a way better job than I would. My kids are white and therefore generally useless.

While our house is well maintained the neighbors (all of them, lol) hate that a hessian contractor lives amongst them.

They constantly bitch about the lettered truck, box trailer, stacks of ladders and pump jacks etc so I try and throw them a bone now and again.

These are the same type of assholes who bitch about the fishermen keeping their lobster pots stored on their property. Of course they don't have any issues storing their sailboats on their own property because they're status symbols.
why do you still live there?!

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
why do you still live there?!
It's a great house, 5min walk to ocean, open space behind it for dogs to run, kids can walk to school etc.

Ultimately they don't really bother me as I'd rather not be socializing with them anyway.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Have you never used a leaf blower? Sure they are up there with generators an two stroke motos in terms of being annoying for others but they kick ass if you are the one using it.
living in the woods for the fucking win.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
It's a great house, 5min walk to ocean, open space behind it for dogs to run, kids can walk to school etc.

Ultimately they don't really bother me as I'd rather not be socializing with them anyway.
Sounds nice. I'm not sure I'd be able to put up with the other stuff though, I tend to take things far too personally... I need to lighten up a bit I guess!

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
In an ironic turn of events, I just got an email from a large analytical test equipment manufacturer, expressing interest in my resume to fill a senior mechanical engineer position at their headquarters....which is located much closer to the area I was thinking the lady and I would wind up buying a house.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Speaking of Tuesdurp, I spaced the fact that tonight is awkward engineer required socialization night. Should be interesting, I'll be drinking often and early.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
excellent!

i usually make a framework of sticks and dump our leaves over it...instant kid fort! lasts through the winter if they don't destroy it on purpose (they usually do)