Quantcast

>>Tuesderp Gee em tee<<

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Sitting on porch at moms watching sun rise on Mt Evans. Just me, my coffee, the bong shed and a couple dogs.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I'm about to drop my youngest off at daycare, then take my oldest out to the skatepark. I'll try not to embarass myself on my dirtjumper. Tomorrow we go canoe camping for a day or two. Not a bad holiday so far.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
2nd from last day of working before a brief vacation (wedding in Seattle)

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Getting over jet lag without kids in the house is a lot easier.

Taking friends out for dinner and a concert as their wedding present.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
ruby the hatchet and ecstatic vision are opening for uncle acid....long night.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I was sitting on the office crapper taking my morning constitutional and this huge spider was on the ground walking toward my shoe. I wasn't going to kill the little fella, so thankfully he just froze when I waved my foot at him. He just sat there and watched me poop...frikkin spider perv.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

8 mile run this morning. Time for le nap.

Couldn't donate blood yesterday. I'm in the middle of the Hep vaccination series and couldn't remember what date I'd had the 2nd one, therefor was understandably not allowed to donate. Of course, when I got home and checked the calendar, I could have donated after all. Oh well, maybe I'll go to Penrose tomorrow and try again.

Later this morning taking the woman-clone to the opening ceremony of the Colorado Springs Solar Farm. As of 10am Mountain time, my :monkey: time will be 100 renewable. Eat shit and die Colorado Springs Utilities!

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Exploring Milwaukee waiting for a flight this afternoon. On the hunt for frozen custard and cheese curds. I didn't bother to check what time rays opened in the morning and now don't have enough time to shred before we have to get to airplane land. Oops, I should plan my work trips around bicycles better.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
had a weird nightmare about the zombie apocalypse. that woke me up at about 4am for a piss, when i went back to sleep i was somehow in charge of the last remaining humans in said zombie apocalypse.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Our angelic kids have really been acting like dicks the last few days. Thankfully, they actually slept through the night last night. Finally.

Weekend was decent. Went for a little day trip over to the sunshine coast which involved a ferry ride, so the eldest got a kick out of that. Spent the afternoon at the beach harassing crabs and pushing sound around with plastic construction equipment, then floating around in a buddy's pool.

Foiled a bike theft in progress yesterday. This dick had gotten about halfway through one of the two cables locking the bikes to the rack. We had a short interaction about what he was up to, and I made sure he had moved along. I figured he'd not put up much of a challenge since I was pushing a stroller at the time... I figured interrupting the theft was about as much investment/risk I was willing to make/take. We left a note on the windshield with our contact info so they could file a report. Meeting with the cops tonight...
IMG_5306.JPG
IMG_5307.JPG

IMG_5309.JPG

After my crime fighting, I went for a ride. Rode an "old school" trail I hadn't ridden in years. It reminded my why I hadn't ridden it.... Better than no ride, though.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Brother of MMike: he was riding a bike and decided to add another to his collection?

T minus 2 days until Seattle very long weekend. Thursday to Tuesday.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Brother of MMike: he was riding a bike and decided to add another to his collection?

T minus 2 days until Seattle very long weekend. Thursday to Tuesday.
So it would seem. Scumbag.

Cable locks are a waste of time.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Speaking of locks and bike thieves, yesterday I counted 14 bikes on the array of racks where I usually lock up.

Of these 14 bikes I counted 15 wheels that were completely unsecured. Two of said wheels belong to a bike that's been sitting there for a month awaiting a new tube apparently, upside down and completely unaffixed to anything.

I guess the thieves don't come to the hospital, or at least this side of it? (It's nowhere near the ER entrance. In Seattle I parked closer to the ER entrance and had various small things stolen from bikes as one might expect.)

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Bikes wouuld get stolen fairly regularly from the BC Kids hospital where my wife works. there's even a guard...

inside job!

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Finn Food I've tried:
Vodka with Fisherman's Friend dissolved in it.
Absinth, beer, and some other northern berries booze.
Kismet chocolate bar - like a Kit Kat with black licorice in it
Black licorice ice cream.
All sorts of black licorice candy.
Reindeer.
Blood sausage.
Blood pancakes tomorrow.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Solar farm:

Just to drive the last nail into the hippie coffin, I took teh Woman-clone for some disc-golf afterwards. She got her first "hole-in-one" by taking her first throw off of where my first drive landed.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Finn Food I've tried:
a bunch.
Dude, caribou sausage is one of my favorite things. I had it up in AK a couple years ago and have been drooling for it ever since!

Quiet-ish week at the office, boss is out. I'm cleaning up after the dookie piles she left behind. Good to be busy!

Football practice for the young lad last night was great! Huge team, first grade through eighth, he's in the 3rd/4th group. They work them hard and drill them like it's a military unit. I'm pretty sure this is going to be an excellent thing for my little ball of compressed energizer bunnies on crack!!

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Kid is sick/teething/annoyed/someotherrandomshit. Woke up at 3am. Stayed up with him and let the wife sleep. I deserve a medal. At least I have Friday off.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Yea, BTDT, helps, but he keeps waking up early, is awake for about two-ish hours, then crashes again about 6am. I'm sure he'll be fine in a day or two. Pretty much clockwork for what we've gone through before with him.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
He's two. Most likely teething. It's nothing crazy, just the last two nights. Same as he's had before. Low grade fever, sleeps most of the night, but wakes up once or twice and goes back to sleep (usually on his own) then wakes up early. Lasts a few days, then goes back to sleeping all night and us waking him up. It sucks, but we are lucky overall. A few nights of that shit and you could see how some people lose their mind after weeks or months of little or no sleep....