Quantcast

@#$%tuesday gmt%$#@

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Mariko lied to me for the first time this morning. She woke up before her alarm clock turned green (which is her cue to call us to get her) and blatantly and repeatedly told me that the green light was indeed on.

Oh well. I'm sure it'll be far from the last time. Still disappointing from a 2.5 year old.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Had a team mate passive aggressively try to throw me under the bus in our group meeting yesterday. My actions were in line with my boss's expectations, so I owned up to it and he was more annoyed with how she approached it. Disappointing but not surprising, she and I have never seen eye to eye.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Looks like another nice week here. Riding at lunch today, woot woot. Yes indeed it's hunting time, I saw a dude with a rifle on a tripod sitting in the back of his truck. WTF?

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Mornin!

Had a team mate passive aggressively try to throw me under the bus in our group meeting yesterday. My actions were in line with my boss's expectations, so I owned up to it and he was more annoyed with how she approached it. Disappointing but not surprising, she and I have never seen eye to eye.
She hot at least?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Mornin!

See if she'll see eye to snake eye with you

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
When people see you rollin', they probably assume that you do not live in a nice planned community. Loser.
Sometimes I wish we lived in an HOA-free place like Jon. Life would be much more convenient for many things, but the $147 per quarter I pay covers our four full community rec centers, concerts, pools, etc., and puts us into some of the best schools in the Denver Metro.

Same thing, really.

My car worked flawlessly on the drive in.
As did Wifey's Subaru.

But you impressed no one. Your gutless commuter probably held up traffic for miles.
Nor did I justify my penile magnitude to the other motorists.
My car is as nondescript as it gets and I like it that way. See the sale page. All the fun with none of the attention, much like the Lesbaru.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
No one ever says "hey, that guy has a reliable vehicle with a low cost of ownership. He must have it together."
No, but the assumptions that you are frugal pop right up. Which isn't a bad thing. If I was willing to put logic over passion, I would have never sold Wifey's original Subaru and instead purchased a Hyundai. But that sucks. I'd rather enjoy* what I spend a good chunk of my awake days doing.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
So all last week I had been asking the contractor for a work plan, with timing and sequencing of the reno work. He kept saying he'd get it to me late in the week. So last Thursday when I still didn't have the workplan, I asked him when I should be emptying the kitchen. No answer (I found out this morning, he'd been moose hunting with his dad, which is fine, but it'd nice to know when I can expect answers...). His workers were guessing that thursday they'd start the kitchen tear-down. But this morning, they show up with an extra 4 guys in their crew (now a total of 6), and since it's raining and they can't work outside, they're starting the tear-down today. So I had to call wifey back from work to help me finish packing up the kitchen this morning.... we were almost done packing it, but it sucked to have to do this before work. especially since his guys show up at quarter to seven to start work...

Still, I can't really complain too much. They work fast, and they work well. It also means we should have the new kitchen in before I leave my wife and two kids for a week of riding in Sedona...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
No, but the assumptions that you are frugal pop right up. Which isn't a bad thing. If I was willing to put logic over passion, I would have never sold Wifey's original Subaru and instead purchased a Hyundai. But that sucks. I'd rather enjoy* what I spend a good chunk of my awake days doing.
How long is your commute?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
So all last week I had been asking the contractor for a work plan, with timing and sequencing of the reno work. He kept saying he'd get it to me late in the week. So last Thursday when I still didn't have the workplan, I asked him when I should be emptying the kitchen. No answer (I found out this morning, he'd been moose hunting with his dad, which is fine, but it'd nice to know when I can expect answers...). His workers were guessing that thursday they'd start the kitchen tear-down. But this morning, they show up with an extra 4 guys in their crew (now a total of 6), and since it's raining and they can't work outside, they're starting the tear-down today. So I had to call wifey back from work to help me finish packing up the kitchen this morning.... we were almost done packing it, but it sucked to have to do this before work. especially since his guys show up at quarter to seven to start work...

Still, I can't really complain too much. They work fast, and they work well. It also means we should have the new kitchen in before I leave my wife and two kids for a week of riding in Sedona...
:popcorn:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Mariko lied to me for the first time this morning. She woke up before her alarm clock turned green (which is her cue to call us to get her) and blatantly and repeatedly told me that the green light was indeed on.

Oh well. I'm sure it'll be far from the last time. Still disappointing from a 2.5 year old.
Our was in his crib last night yelling 'up, up' as in 'let me out of this damn thing'. Then proceeded to pretend that he had an owie on his arm. Faking little punk. Manipulation gets learned early....

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
:wave: Haven't checked in in a few days! Here's the recap-cliff notes version!

Friday: This is in the shitheel thread, but my boss is out, and I'm taking her spot with the new building owners! :happydance:

Saturday: Lucas turned 9! His football coaches can suck my vag hard for putting him in the game twice. League rules state 8 (EIGHT!!!!) plays per game. He's had 5 in the last two. Ask me how many plays the coaches kid went in. >:(
My little brother has gained shitheel status. He doesn't want kids, but married his wife last year (after bringing her here from Korea with very little English) knowing that she was ready right away. He has now decided that he is so opposed to children that he doesn't even want to go to his nephew's game and birthday party. I talked the Mrs. into the game, but she couldn't get him to go to the party. I want to kick his ass like when we were little. I'm still stronger than his pussy Amazon tech ass. Have fun at your McNugget eating pary, I'm punching you right in the gut when you're done. Ok, that sounds really mean. But who would miss their nephew's bday party with NO reason except they don't want to!? Ass.

Sunday: Seahawks broke our hearts. :nopity:

Monday: I laid the tile in our bathroom! Wa-hoo! Yay sense of accomplishment and tired body! :yes: