Quantcast

tuesday gfmt

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
Sup, y'all. This is not actually a GFM for me. It's actually Midnight because I am currently in Taiwan for work. I stayed up because we had a big meeting at 8 Cali time, and now I get to throw my sleep cycle off today. So I'm going to get as much shut-eye as possible before its off to more factories this morning. Cheers!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Looks like my mini road grader should arrive between noonish and one-ish, can at least pull shoulders and set a crown and drainage if no rock or roller arrives today.
I expect to be suitably amazed by your handiwork the next time I visit my parents. which will likely be summer 2025? (they're coming out here this June because flights from DEN-OTH are ridiculous this year)

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I expect to be suitably amazed by your handiwork the next time I visit my parents. which will likely be summer 2025? (they're coming out here this June because flights from DEN-OTH are ridiculous this year)
I am planning on just contributing my rentals and operating skills and prowess and 30 years of road-building experience. Other men of the hood seem to think there has to be tens of thousands of dollars spent which isn't the case and I don't feel the need to "chip in" for work or materials that don't make sense. If the collective wanted to pave half of the road I would possibly contribute but as of now it just needs a bit of bi-annual maintenance.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
The rumor I heard was Eagle, B, Storm King, and Excelerator would be open... maybe storm closure today?
I read somewhere they're Center Village operations only for the remainder of the season. but not having any top of mountain access via Excelerator (leaving Storm King alone) would be stupid

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Today's weather has been totally unhinged. Tomorrow is the start of fake Summer, but today is sunshine and downpours. Still a little chilly, too.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Today's weather has been totally unhinged. Tomorrow is the start of fake Summer, but today is sunshine and downpours. Still a little chilly, too.
Also, supposed to get a frost tonight!

In other news, I sometimes think my employer actively tries to make it harder for my team and me to do our jobs.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Well shit. I couldn't get the wife's quad started, so I took it in 2 weeks ago. They had it a week, said they couldn't get it started and wanted to sell me a $400 carb. I said no thanks and got one online for $35. Brought it home, paid $250 for 1.5 hours labor, a gallon of fresh gas and a spark plug.

Carb cane today, so I went to the garage to get started. Figured I would try and start it because why not. Plug wire was off, so I put it back on, pulled the choke and she fired right up. Idle was high, so I dialed that down, but I ripped it up and down the street. WTF, now to return this carb and get new trail permits.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
getting my shit together for ny trip...guess i should work on my talk, eh?

hey @Fool - any chance you're going to bad religion/social distortion tomorrow night?
Ah shit, I am on the hook to be a +1 at a client dinner with the missus. Gotta wear something low cut and wriggle my ass whenever I get up to walk to the bathroom to help secure the bag.

Friend was at the Social D show on Saturday and said it was great. (I missed because I was at the Sessenta show, which also ruled). Pier 17 is a great spot for shows, so go if you can.

Edit -- where are you speakin'?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Ah shit, I am on the hook to be a +1 at a client dinner with the missus. Gotta wear something low cut and wriggle my ass whenever I get up to walk to the bathroom to help secure the bag.

Friend was at the Social D show on Saturday and said it was great. (I missed because I was at the Sessenta show, which also ruled). Pier 17 is a great spot for shows, so go if you can.

Edit -- where are you speakin'?
never been to pier 17...when i was a kid it was cb's/wetlands/irving plaze/ritz/a7/random spots...i think the last show i went to in ny was killing time/vision at coney island high in the summer of '95 :rofl:

speaking here on friday: https://artinitiatives.com/2024-american-art-conference-multiple-modernities/

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Not great. The team and I have been going through things already without him, so they know what shoes are being filled. They already had an idea, but the scope just got a lot bigger to them. They are going to defer everything not under their responsibility to him, which is probably what's adding to his panic. At this point, I'm just doing stuff so as to prevent my teammates from getting detonated.
I am sure there is a long-ass German word that combines compassion, pity, support, and schadenfreude all in one. @sethimus ?
In other news, home safe and sound…hadn’t seen the wifey in three weeks… :brows: